Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Oct 18, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post

We have no sun!

Really disappointed! We arrived yesterday & were quite happy with our villa (it's lovely but much smaller than it looks in pics). The problem is I was told it was south westerly facing with a sunny pool a all day. We left for MK early with no sun & came home around 3pm looking forward to a few hours in the sun with a beer! It is in total shade. I have emailed the rental company & they are insisting it's SW facing! Its actually NE! I'm gutted as we are real sun worshippers & I spent ages filtering through villas to find the right one. I don't suppose there's anything I can do is there?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Oh no I would be so dissapointed too, next year will be our first time in a villa and we also had South, South West facing pool as a must when we chose it. Sorry no advice but hope someone with more knowledge can help you.
Old 14 Oct 18, 02:45 AM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by debshar View Post
Really disappointed! We arrived yesterday & were quite happy with our villa (it's lovely but much smaller than it looks in pics). The problem is I was told it was south westerly facing with a sunny pool a all day. We left for MK early with no sun & came home around 3pm looking forward to a few hours in the sun with a beer! It is in total shade. I have emailed the rental company & they are insisting it's SW facing! Its actually NE! I'm gutted as we are real sun worshippers & I spent ages filtering through villas to find the right one. I don't suppose there's anything I can do is there?
Are the villa company being pedantic, or even possibly a bit confused? Maybe the house (as in the front door) is SW facing, but the pool is obviously the opposite? In which case, you're both right but maybe the advert was unclear? Did it say "villa with pool, South West facing?" if it did that could be interpreted both ways. Not helpful to you right now but if that's the case they need to be clearer on the info. I don't think there is much you can do though
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by KRBarnard View Post
Are the villa company being pedantic, or even possibly a bit confused? Maybe the house (as in the front door) is SW facing, but the pool is obviously the opposite? In which case, you're both right but maybe the advert was unclear? Did it say "villa with pool, South West facing?" if it did that could be interpreted both ways. Not helpful to you right now but if that's the case they need to be clearer on the info. I don't think there is much you can do though
They do sound a little confused as to which side of the house is meant but I had emailed them prior to booking asking specifically which way pool & terrace faced & their reply states clearly sw & that the pool gets the sun all day.

Think I'm just going to have to get over it for now & get on with my holiday!
Old 14 Oct 18, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

I wouldn't let it ruin my holiday either but I would still be taking the time to express my displeasure and to demand what I had paid for.
Old 14 Oct 18, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post

What exactly was it you booked? Because every house faces N, W E and S. And nowhere can have sun all day because the planet rotates. I think some misunderstandings may have occurred.
Old 15 Oct 18, 02:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
What exactly was it you booked? Because every house faces N, W E and S. And nowhere can have sun all day because the planet rotates. I think some misunderstandings may have occurred.
I have an email stating The pool is sw facing & gets the sun all day but it get couple hours at the most in morning so it's actually north east facing!
Old 15 Oct 18, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
wpalmer
VIP Dibber

Our pool is east facing and we get sun from first thing until evening time. We have never had any negative feedback about the sun/ shade out by the pool. We are out here at the moment and have sun all day.

There is a good website called SunCalc.net where you can put your location, time of year etc and it will give you an indication of the sun coverage if the Management Company need proof!
wpalmer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
josie112
Imagineer

Thanks for the reference to SunCalc. What a great app! Brilliant for helping us shortlist villas for our Oct 2019 trip.
2000 - Crescent Lakes Villa, 2003 - Briargrove Villa, 2005 - Briargrove Villa, 2005 - New York, 2006 - Briargrove Villa, 2006 - Portugal, 2007 - Briargrove Villa, 2009 - Tuscan Hills Villa, 2010 - The Mirage, Las Vegas, 2011 - Highlands Reserve Villa, 2012 - The Mirage, Las Vegas, 2014 - Highlands Reserve Villa, 2015 - The Mirage, Las Vegas, 2017 - The Mirage, Las Vegas, 2019 - Highlands Reserve Villa
josie112 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
wpalmer
VIP Dibber

Wink

Originally Posted by josie112 View Post
Thanks for the reference to SunCalc. What a great app! Brilliant for helping us shortlist villas for our Oct 2019 trip.
Still subject to cloud cover though!
wpalmer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List