Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 16 Oct 18, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wedgeh View Post
Not sure why 1 night reservations would be so popular, seems like a lot of hassle to move rooms for one night (and I agree that for me as an owner that's more trouble than it's worth)
I sometimes think it's an alternative to the throw away booking, to get magic bands and Fastpass.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

Not sure why 1 night reservations would be so popular, seems like a lot of hassle to move rooms for one night (and I agree that for me as an owner that's more trouble than it's worth)
I think it's sometimes people wanting 1 night at a MK resort after a party night for example. Or others who just want to dip their toe in the water and try DVC rooms out without a big cash commitment.
fudgie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
I have rented my points out on here a couple of times and have no problem renting a night here and there now it's all done on line? People I've rented to are usually staying off site and want to try on site, or it's for a special occasion or surprise? They just take an over night bag rather then move hotel rooms?
Old 16 Oct 18, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
I have rented my points out on here a couple of times and have no problem renting a night here and there now it's all done on line? People I've rented to are usually staying off site and want to try on site, or it's for a special occasion or surprise? They just take an over night bag rather then move hotel rooms?
It's not so much a problem, just lots of faffing around & time needed. If I'm renting the 238 points I have left at BCV, I want 1 or maybe 2 people to deal with, I really don't 10,11 12 bookings all for 15-20 points.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I once gave a colleague a night at a DVC resort for a wedding present - they were honeymooning in Florida in a villa but taking their toddler and nanny along, it gave them a night together alone and they loved the luxury.

I don't get booking odd nights, I like to move into my hotel room and take root for as long as possible!

We're doing it this year after MNSSHP but that's purely to avoid driving back to the villa afterwards and because we have the points there to use so makes sense to make our lives easier, I don't think I'd have paid cash as a renter to do it, but saying that I've booked the kids a night at Sapphire falls after HHN so we don't have to pick them up at 2am!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 18, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Do Davids ever allow 1 night rental does anyone know please?

I agree short stays are not ideal for those renting out points. For us it's because we disembark a cruise on a Friday & fly home on the Saturday so we have that gap for accommodation. But if we can't find points to rent we'll just go ahead & book a lower grade resort direct with Disney. I'm hoping because we have no preference where we stay there will be someone with small amount of points they are happy to have used.

I do sometimes think people can be a little unrealistic with their requests!
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 18, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
wedgeh
Trying for More Ears

I think David's has a minimum reservation somewhere around 40-50 points so probably not much use unless you need a very large villa.
wedgeh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 18, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

I think David's has a minimum reservation somewhere around 40-50 points so probably not much use unless you need a very large villa.
Thanks not a viable option for us then, we're only a party of 4.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 18, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
Do Davids ever allow 1 night rental does anyone know please?

I agree short stays are not ideal for those renting out points. For us it's because we disembark a cruise on a Friday & fly home on the Saturday so we have that gap for accommodation. But if we can't find points to rent we'll just go ahead & book a lower grade resort direct with Disney. I'm hoping because we have no preference where we stay there will be someone with small amount of points they are happy to have used.

I do sometimes think people can be a little unrealistic with their requests!
They did for us, admittedly it was a night at the grand Floridian so was a reasonable number of points. After our one night request they just told us they couldn't guarantee to get it but would approach their renters to see if anyone would honour such a small points booking then, got back to us after a couple of days and said yes they had found someone and it all went through fine without a hitch

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 18, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m happy to rent my points on here and haven’t ever used Daves to do this. However, the last lot I put up for rent had a lot of responses from people wanting 1 night per booking. For me as an owner that’s too much of a faff. In the end I rented all of them to a lovely dinner who wanted an 8 night stay and the lot went in one go.

If I were you and wanted to rent for a few nights I’d put a points wanted post up. A renter is more likely to contact you in this case!

Good luck x
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List