Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 15 Oct 18, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DD wants to go to a shooting range

We've often driven past the machine gun shooting range on the 192 (near the Segway Tour shop) and my eldest says she'd love to fire a gun. Not my idea of fun TBH but will happily go with her if she wants to give it a try...…..whatever happened to the little princess who loved anything and everything pink and sparkly?

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi we did this with our son, I had often shot when younger and had no reservations although my wife had
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
SRB-93
Trying for More Ears

They have pink guns in there
SRB-93 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

We looked into Machine Gun America and it was very expensive! Their cheapest package was about $160 each! I think they did a youth package as well though so that might be cheaper?

We ended up going to Oak Ridge Gun range and was very impressed. Its a small local range but plenty of tourists go there too. The staff were all great, friendly and professional. They helped my DH choose suitable first time guns to shoot with and explained everything to him and assisted him to set up the bullets/clip etc.

I would definitely recommend them. The cost for using renting the 2 guns, lane rental, bullets and targets was $80 and we were there for about 90 minutes.

Edited at 02:25 PM.
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

Another vote for oak ridge. But they only have handguns not rifles etc
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
alanshelly
slightly serious Dibber

alanshelly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've shot all sorts at oak ridge, 9mm pistols, .357 magnum, ar15 and pump action shotgun to name but a few, usually go a couple of times a year.
alanshelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Lumiere
Trying for More Ears

We went to Orlando Gun Club in 2013 and shot a selection of firearms, between me and my friend I believe it came to about $75 each.
The people were friendly in there and gave us all the instruction we needed.
Haven't been on our last couple of trips but I think we will next year as the DW fancies a go this time!
Lumiere is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
Another vote for oak ridge. But they only have handguns not rifles etc
Rob
Thanks loalolo86, Lisbon and alanshelly. I don't think she's to fussy as to what type of fire arm, I think she just wants to shoot a handgun.

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
wycombedad
Proud to wear my Ears

Some good groupon deals on shooting ranges, worth checking out what's available
wycombedad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
taker
Getting Excited

We went to Orlando gun club earlier this year. The base package for tourists was about $50 each I think and then you paid for bullets and targets after you'd used all of the free ones. The package let you try different types of guns including shotguns and rifles but we stuck to the handguns.

It was an incredible day out. The staff were great and really took the time to instruct you and help with anything you needed.
taker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List