Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Oct 18, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Solo trip aka single rider Day 4

Tuesday 2 October (my birthday)

So it was going to be a long day, up early(ish) to go to Universal at a cost of $14.55 , i was there about 8.30

Stopped by guest services to request a birthday badge and then off to Despicable Me Minion Mayhem - enjoyable

It was already hot but still quiet so thought i would make the most of the space and explore Diagon Alley. Went on Escape from Gingotts, twice, first time as single rider and then the full route. Im not sure about this ride, a little tame for my liking.

Wandered around towards The Mummy but stopped in San Francisco and tried out Fast & Furious - wont get that time back

The Mummy - i loved this last time, my step-daughter were young at the time and were scared witless, especially when someone jumped out of the shadows at them.

It was still enjoyable but not as good as i remembered but always worth a second go.

Race through New York - What is that all about? If they got rid of all that preamble it would be ok.

I was starting to feel hot now and a little hungry so stopped off for a chocolate crossant $3.40 but it was very dry and not nice.

Stomach lined thought i should try out Rip Ride Rock it using the single rider line, more or less straight on. This is another ride where you have to leave all your loose articles in a locker and pass through a metal detector. I was feeling nervous on this one as it is fairly high and drops straight down.

Obviously i did not go for front row but i did choose I Will Survive as my song I did survive and thought i had try it again as never judge a ride by your first impression. It is a very good ride.

Back to Hogwarts Express - no queue and off at Hogsmeade and a browse at the wares on show. I didnt like butterbear in the studio tour so didnt bother here.

Had a flight on the Hippogriff - there were a few clouds and spots of rain but it was still warm. This is a popular ride but as it is small it forms quickly.

Well i had to go on the Forbidden Journey again - twice as no queue. The ride is great, better than great - the locker system not so much. Too much criss cross.

Had some lunch in Jurassic Park discovery centre and a cool down before heading off to Toon Lagoon as it was time to do a water ride. I was planning on starting with Dudley Do-Right but it was having technical issues so after changing into my flip flops i headed to Popeye's barge.

OMG i knew i would get wet but I got drenched - i do not think that there was a dry bit of me at all. Thank goodness i had taken spare clothes to change into (only because i didnt think uber would like it)

After getting changed i headed to the exit, it was about 2pm now (later than i had planned to be). I looked in Voodoo donuts but wasnt impressed - there are better ones at London City airport

Uber back to the hotel cost me $14.93

A quick rest to put my feet up and cool down and i was off to Magic Kingdom as i had booked MNSSHP and some fast passes. Uber cost $11.14 and i was there about 4.30pm. Uber is great as you get dropped off close to the ferry or monorail.

I choose the ferry and found my way to Buzz for my fast pass, scored 119800. is that good?

I rode the people mover twice in a row as it was quiet and nice just watching people wandering around.

The Haunted Mansion - i had been looking forward to this as i havent been on it and it sounded good. I do not remember seeing it on my previous trips and it was not open in DLP earlier this year. Well i really do not know what is so great about it.

My other FP was for splash mountain - no queue even on standby

I think i just wandered around, i know i didnt pick up my treat bag until much later as didnt want to carry it around all night. I did some character meets - now i dont usually bother but the magic must have taken hold of me.

I also rode Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Thunder Mountain, Space mountain, Astro Orbitor

Again i was really looking forward to Space Mountain but it was boring as it was in the dark for Halloween and you could feel every bump and it hurt - it needs a refit or overhaul. It has nothing on DLP space mountain.

I ended up with 3 bags of sweets and left there at 12.37 am but the uber still only cost me $14.06.

Total steps 31997

Edited at 11:42 PM.
lizzie145 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow, what a full day, you packed so many rides in. Happy birthday too!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A long busy but great day

Joan
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow you really pack your days full. What did you think of the Grande Villas?
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sotagals View Post
Wow you really pack your days full. What did you think of the Grande Villas?
i really liked it there - i had booked a 2 bed as i like the space. it was really good for both Disney and Universal and shops