Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 16 Oct 18, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Air BnB Toronto

Hi folks

We are considering a trip to Toronto next May and wondered if anyone had any experience of Air BnB there. I have been reading about new council licensing requirements and to be honest I am not too clear on how reliable it is! Hotels are very expensive as expected but some of the outlying suburbs are better for cost and we dont mind public transport in and out. We like to live as locals to be honest when we go.

I am having the fear of god put into me reading advice on Trip Advisor and the like!

Also if we did stay which area would you recommend. " adults in 40s no kids like a wander and a nice beer to watch the world go by.

All advice gratefully received.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

One one of our trips we stayed in a B&B in Mississauga, much cheaper than downtown. Mississauga is the site of the airport so has good transport links into Toronto there are shopping malls ( we went to square one) its a nice place to stay and there are plenty of places to eat.
Ive just looked at Trip Advisor and see they have a place called Bad Axe throwing have a look, it looks great fun!
We ate at Mandarin Chinese Buffet, Montana and Kelsey's .
We were only there three nights so did'nt get chance to do loads, as we were on our way to Niagara.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Steve&Jan
Excited about Disney

Have a look at Canadian Affair, we stayed at the Sheraton Centre hotel in July for 4nights at just over £110 per night. Fabulous location near subway station and on ‘the path’ so we walked everywhere
Steve&Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
4 of us(two adult couples) stayed in a two bedroomed apartment on Bay Street in June this year. We paid just over £700 for 6 nights, this included use of the parking garage. It was about a 15 minute walk to the financial district, 10 minute walk to the Eaton Centre. Hotels are generally expensive in Toronto but then it is not a cheap place to eat out and drink.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Thanks everyone, we are in the early stages of planning and it seems that there are scare stories everywhere! We were thinking ten days but I am now thinking seven will be more than enough :-)
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 18, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

I have just got back from an Ontario trip and we stayed in an airbnb in Toronto for the first three nights. There were no problems, most of the building actually seemed to be airbnbs, there were even people downstairs signing people in! We met the host on arrival and he said some people in the building had been trying to get the airbnbs voted out, but they had failed. We stayed near the CN tower in a really nice apartment, which cost just under £450 for the three nights (2 bedrooms, really nice apartment and access to a pool and hot tub which we sadly never used!).

When looking at listings I did come across some who said you had to be discreet as airbnbs were not allowed in their buildings, and some which had reviews saying they felt uncomfortable sneaking around etc. So, we personally had no problems, but I would read reviews really carefully.
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List