Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 16 Oct 18, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Epcot resort help...

So would like a 4 night booking in BCV as we loved it last time but incase I cant find an owner or availability what is the difference between these resorts and the Dolphin and Swan? They are Disney hotels aren’t they? Does anyone have any experience with staying in them and if so do you prefer one over the other?

Also if there are any Dibbers who are thinking of renting some points could you pm me please. I was going to put it in the request bit but all I can see there is my last 2 requests from 2017 and no others(or is that the point you only see your own requests and not what other ppl have put)
Thanks everyone
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I’m an owner so I can see all the requests and there are definitely more than just yours.

I’d look at the Boardwalk as well.

The Swan / Dolphin are in a great location but they aren’t really Disney hotels. You get some of the same privileges but not all of them.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
If you're considering a regular hotel room such as the Swan/Dolphin, why wouldn't you look at the non-DVC part of the Beach Club?

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I’m an owner so I can see all the requests and there are definitely more than just yours.

I’d look at the Boardwalk as well.

The Swan / Dolphin are in a great location but they aren’t really Disney hotels. You get some of the same privileges but not all of them.
Ha ha I thought it was odd that there was just my 2 requests on there. I will post on there. We only got a little taste of the Boardwalk (just 1 night) and we loved it and can’t wait to go bk. I’m trying to find an owner so they can book the 4 nights now as trying to get a surprise sorted for DD birthday and not sure what availability will be left at 7 months if I left it. It’s prob one of my fave resorts and we are working our way through them . Also worried once SW starts I may not get in there for awhile.
Why do they call them Disney then?
Well done on your flights too I managed to get great ones aswell. I wish they were like this every year so early on

Edited at 10:46 PM.
Tweety1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
If you're considering a regular hotel room such as the Swan/Dolphin, why wouldn't you look at the non-DVC part of the Beach Club?
I have been trying to rent DVC points for either the BWV/Beach club and saw these 2 hotels but I do really want to go DVC
I’m off to put a request in
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
On DVC points it's likely to be half the cash price.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Yes I’ve just looked and DVC would be cheaper. I actually can’t believe how many of the hotels you can just book as a cash buyer for 1 night.
I’m really hoping the stars align and an Epcot resort owner sees this and thinks oo I have 50-60 points I want to rent lol
Old 16 Oct 18, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Yes I’ve just looked and DVC would be cheaper. I actually can’t believe how many of the hotels you can just book as a cash buyer for 1 night.
I’m really hoping the stars align and an Epcot resort owner sees this and thinks oo I have 50-60 points I want to rent lol
Not sure why hotels being booksble for a night is a surprise. None of the epcot resorts are fully DVC. Beach club villas is part of Beach club and Boardwalk villas is just one side of Boardwalk. H

Have you tried a rental service such as David’s to rent your stay as frankly due to the exchange rate we owners are getting good value renting in dollars.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vhm672 View Post
Not sure why hotels being booksble for a night is a surprise. None of the epcot resorts are fully DVC. Beach club villas is part of Beach club and Boardwalk villas is just one side of Boardwalk. H

Have you tried a rental service such as David’s to rent your stay as frankly due to the exchange rate we owners are getting good value renting in dollars.
Not a surprise as such but just didn’t think there would be the availability there. I normally rent from a dibber but I may have to go to Davids. I thought I might leave it a few days to see if anyone sees my pt request.
I also just wondered if anyone had stayed in the Swan/Dolphin?

I really just need to get my own DVC pts
Old 16 Oct 18, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Yes, but Swan/Dolphin will be cash too.

And on another browser tab I have open right now, mulling where to stay next year, the Beach Club is cheaper than the Swan/Dolphin for 10 nights in August.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List