Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Oct 18, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
blodders
Apprentice Imagineer

Hotel at / near Gatwick night before flight

Could anyone recommend a hotel to use the night before we fly from Gatwick South terminal that offers parking for whilst we are away but without the need to leave our keys. I have only found one so far. Even the Hilton ( using the Euro car park) and Sofitel retain your keys now. The only other option seems to be to spend a fortune to park in the short stay car park. We really do not want any one to be able to access our car, or for it to be moved whist we are away. Apart from anything else my DH is a driving instructor so the car is his living. We cant afford to take chances.
blodders is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
harber78
Excited about Disney

Book the long term car park then take the bus with your keys to Terminal and stay at Premier Inn North Terminal.

If you’re flying from South Terminal get the monorail from north Terminal to south in morning.
harber78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

As said, use the long stay car park, park up take your keys, catch the bus or the monorail to the terminal.
I always prefer to use the long stay car park whether at HRW or GTW, having had my car damaged with one of the 'GTW recommended meet and greet'.

I am using Purple Parking (HRW) in March, staying at the Hilton Sth Terminal. Have used them before and they are very good. As we have a v.early flight leave the car there late afternoon catch the shuttle to the Sth Terminal and walk through the walkway to the Hilton, job done.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I never leave car with keys. I used to live near to Gatwick and work there so heard all the horror stories. Booking early gatwick official parking is cheap. Staying at north terminal premier inn for £40 and long term car park from that night till return £92 next August, 2 weeks.

If you have flown virgin before you can get free Hilton room by exchanging flying club points.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We had the same dilemma and discovered that train tickets for all four of us (from the Midlands) cost about the same as 16 nights parking and the petrol to get there. Would you consider that instead?
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
J&C
Proud to wear my Ears

J&C's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We tend to stay at the Sofitel. We drive direct to the long stay car park (paid £60 for 2 weeks) then get the bus to the terminal and take the covered walkway to the Sofitel. That way you can keep your keys

On return you just get the bus straight to the long stay car park
Feb 2013 - Villa/Hilton Downtown DisneyJan 2015 - Disney's Port Orleans Resort/Buena Vista Palace - the Engagement trip! Mar 2016 - Disney's Caribbean Beach ResortNov 2016 - Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Nov 2017 - Disney Wedding, Yacht Club & Animal Kingdom LodgeNov 2018-Saratoga Springs Resort Nov 2019-Disney's Yacht Club Resort
J&C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ivegottadream View Post
We had the same dilemma and discovered that train tickets for all four of us (from the Midlands) cost about the same as 16 nights parking and the petrol to get there. Would you consider that instead?
It comes down to what you prefer when you return

Disney332
Old 21 Oct 18, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

We stopped at little foxes, clean a little dated , quiet and they have plenty of room to safely look after your car.
And very cheap.