Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Oct 18, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Lovesholidays View Post
I’m trying to find the post saying about bringing chocolate back and being searched can anyone help out ?
This might be the one - https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...=tsa+screening
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
Thanks, so it’s isnt you can’t bring them back it’s just it might hold you up a while in security 😉
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Last October all snacks / foods were checked at security. This may it didn’t happen and we did need to take out hand luggage at all .
Old 20 Oct 18, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I had to remove all food items from my hand luggage at MCO in May, to the point where they rescreened my case twice as I had stuff crammed in the bottom that I forgot about.
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Jabbag
Proud to wear my Ears

We had so much chocolate that we had to take it as hand luggage - several bags. This was MCO in August. The officer opened one bag and asked us with a smile if we liked Ghirardelli. He didn't search the bag and didn't open any of the other bags.

We bought the chocolate at lunchtime for an evening flight and walked straight from the shop to the car, then straight to the airport. The chocolates were fine apart from a few of the caramel centre ones which had melted a bit.
Jabbag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We leave our bags with Bell Services and any chocolate is always fine. We put it in our cases and again it’s fine.
As an aside, we didn’t get extra searches for having food in our hand luggage last month but security was really busy so maybe they realised they couldn’t sustain it.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Saund123
Excited about Disney

We had to take ours out and put it through screening in its own tray when we were coming back from JFK in may. Wasn’t particularly a problem but wouldn’t have wanted loads to repack back in a bag.
Saund123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. I would suggest hand luggage but I am led to believe the TSA are conducting stringent checks on sweets in hand luggage so thats not a good idea.

We only bring stuff back in mid November but even then it's quite hot but if it's in the middle of the suitcases it's fine.
That's true Tom we weren't allowed any food/drinks in our hand luggage going through security at Glasgow/New York/MCO/Frankfurt we had to bin stuff at the scanners.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Chrissie H
Very Serious Dibber

Chrissie H's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We landed back this morning with a lot of ghiradelli chocolate. We packed it in the centre of the cases and it was fine despite Disney Springs check in. I wouldn’t worry.
Chrissie H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. I would suggest hand luggage but I am led to believe the TSA are conducting stringent checks on sweets in hand luggage so thats not a good idea.
I fell foul of this in March.

Bag full of Caramel M&M's, well a bag full of 20 bags of them! 2 family sized a good few sharing sized then loads of double sized.

My main bag was swabbed, then every individual bag swabbed then every individual bag checked by hand.

And that was just my hand luggage, i had the wifes as well and wham we had a few snacks in there she hadnt took out so another wait for checking. All in all about 30+ minutes