Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Oct 18, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
OllieT
Imagineer

OllieT's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile Best place or park to spend Halloween if it isn’t in MK?

Won’t be in MK for MNDSHP so where should we go?
a) another park? Which one and why?
b) our hotel? CSR
c) Disney Springs?
Old 20 Oct 18, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We were in Orlando for Halloween last year and someone recommended going to Celebration.
I must admit I felt slightly awkward going as we don’t live there but I shouldn’t have worried.
The decorations were epic and there were thousands of people who drove in to trick or treat.
Only recommendation is get there early. I think we got there about 5 and parked close to the centre on a side street. A lot of people were already out but a lot of the houses seemed to only get home from work a bit later. Some did run out of candy pretty early on. I wasn’t that keen on the kids taking tons of candy from people when we didn’t live nearby but to be honest people were so generous and excited to say hi I was worried for nothing and would love to go again!

Just a warning though, dress up! We didn’t and just dressed the kids up but people had gone to town!
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
elle10
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Following with interest.
We’ll be there over Halloween next year as well and I can’t bring myself to pay over 400 dollars for mnsshp.
I’ve heard they do some activities at our hotel, POFQ, but not sure if any good.
A few people have mentioned celebration, still not sure how I feel about that one, feels slightly odd walking around someone’s local community even though I’m sure they’re used to it.
elle10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Seaworld is good for Halloween if you've got tickets for there it's covered by the normal ticket price and there's trick or treat stations sll around the park lots of people dressed up great atmosphere and not a busy park if you haven't got seaworld tickets though I'd say either Celebration or Fort Wilderness the RV camping area is great everyone decorates rates round their pitches then you could go make smores and meet Chip and Dale
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guests of ours always say Universal or Busch Gardens, believe the fun starts as soon as you park your car
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
spb_IRL
Proud to wear my Ears

We were at OKW last Halloween. They had a parade with decorated golf carts, treat or treat stations, character meet n greets,and a scavenger hunt. Many of the staff were dressed up. It was great fun, the kids loved it (ages 9,7,4,1). We then finished with a movie by the pool scoffing the candy ! I think all the resorts do something for Halloween, so I'd check out what is happening in CSR.
Enjoy, I'd love to be there again !

Edited at 10:08 AM. Reason: Spelling errors
spb_IRL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
OllieT
Imagineer

OllieT's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Want onsite activity so just option a, b or c please 😁