Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Oct 18, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Values and moderates are very similar. Both have external corridors. Dressers with a few drawers plus a rail in the bathroom for clothing storage.
No microwaves (there are only microwaves in dVC rooms)

They do both have fridge
The values didn’t used to have a coffee maker but I believe pop century does now.

The rooms are smaller and you don’t get free dining (only breakfast).
The theming is less pretty and more big icons.
And there is only one bus stop which could be a plus as it can take a while to stop at all the bus stops at a moderate.
Also I believe no pool
Slide.
Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation don't have free breakfast.
POFQ (a moderate) has only one bus stop.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Clarkd3
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thank you, guess price come April 2019 will be the determining factor, out of interest which value hotel would be best for 5 of us, DH not keen on over the top theming! X
Clarkd3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Clarkd3 View Post
Thank you, guess price come April 2019 will be the determining factor, out of interest which value hotel would be best for 5 of us, DH not keen on over the top theming! X
Would the youngest fit onto one of the small murphy beds? If so, then booking a moderate that offers this will almost certainly be the cheapest option. I believe Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans Riverside are the ones that have this. Especially if free dining is still offered for 2020 under more or less the same terms (1 QS credit for values and QSDP for moderates) then a moderate room for 5 would be significantly cheaper than a suite or two rooms at a value resort with just one meal per person.

If the murphy bed is not an option then you could look into the family suites at either All-Star Music or Art of Animation, although two standard rooms at any value resort will likely be cheaper than a family suite at Art of Animation. Note that Art of Animation is an exception when it comes to free dining: the family suites qualify but the standard Little Mermaid rooms do not.
All the values have over the top theming on the outside, but the rooms are simpler (with the exception of Art of Animation).
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I've stayed at moderates and deluxe before but never a value until this year when we couldn't change our hotel reservation at BWI when I changed our flights... so I booked our first night at AS Sports.

We don't do dawn to dark parks, we spend a fair bit of time in the resorts chilling. I actually liked it more than I expected even if it did remind me of a (nice) holiday camp rather than a hotel. If travelling with kids when it'd be all about the parks and the pool I'd stay there again but my husband hated how basic the rooms were and the lack of storage and hanging space.
I thought the food court choices were a lot more limited compared to the moderates too.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

It comes down to the type of holiday-er you are.
Will you spend most of your time out at the parks, restaurants etc and only use the room for a place to collapse in, if so, will you even notice you are in a value resport, probably not.
If you are the family that spends time in your room and resort, enjoys the comforts, then you might notice a difference.
To be honest, the difference between Value and Moderate isnt really that much, especially compared to the difference between Moderate to Deluxe.
The 2 biggest differences are, 1) the price and 2) the people to chav ratio.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
It comes down to the type of holiday-er you are.
Will you spend most of your time out at the parks, restaurants etc and only use the room for a place to collapse in, if so, will you even notice you are in a value resport, probably not.
If you are the family that spends time in your room and resort, enjoys the comforts, then you might notice a difference.
To be honest, the difference between Value and Moderate isnt really that much, especially compared to the difference between Moderate to Deluxe.
The 2 biggest differences are, 1) the price and 2) the people to chav ratio.
There were plenty of ‘chavs’ at por last year.

Main difference is the room is slightly smaller (not that noticeable) and double instead of queen beds at the values.

If there’s more than 2 of you it works out cheaper to stay at the cheapest moderate with qsdp than to upgrade from the free breakfast at a value.

Storage in the values and moderates is the same.

My kids prefer the value resorts as they’re more fun.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Clarkd3 View Post
We are a family of 5 and have stayed at both CBR and POR, POR is beautiful however the 5 person rooms are in the bayou which has dense tree coverage and we found quite dark unlike the open welcoming mansion rooms you see opposite the food court etc. We were in a refurbed room and I wasn't a fan of the hard wood floor and rustic furnishings.
We stayed at CBR last year when it had the food tent and weren't fans of it although the village drinks machines were great and the room has a couple of extra drawers. We originally booked CBR for this year as the facilities were supposed to reopen before our stay but Disney announced a delay in opening (and our flights got change by NA) so I phoned Disney to add a few days and was thankful there was no availability at CBR so switched to POR.
Rumours were going around that OPR would reopen a day into our stay (day before our original arrival date) so we decided to visit the resort before going to the park that day and we all agreed we preferred CBR so I requested to move 'home'. We moved to CBR the following day and were so much happier, there are signs of the sky liner being a WIP and the Riviera is obvious but the kettle drums and sun on your face as you walk towards OPR more than made up for it.
This time we did feel a little extra space would have been nice and definitely want our own bedroom next time so we did a little resort hopping thinking 2 adjoining rooms at CSR or 1 bed villa at OKW, both resorts look bigger than CBR or POR but after pricing up OKW cost a little more but has a kitchen with laundry facilities, a balcony and DDP rather than QSDP. TBH we probably won't benefit from DDP as will have to pay tip on top but wanting to give it a try as only had QSDP before.
2021?
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I understand I'll be repeating others-
But these are my thoughts:

Value suites have 2 bathrooms
2 televisions
Separate main sleeping area
And microwaves
Walls didn't appear as thin in value suites

'Regular value room v regular moderate'

Value cheaper
Value room smaller
Free breakfast offer (during free dining booking)
No gift card offered

When room only pricing-promotions are good
(Free nights & gift card)
Foodcourts-lots of choice
Can be busy & loud (as can anywhere)
Can also be served instantly!
No table service restaurants
Only one main bus stop area
Values are generally more 'in your face disney'

What one could view as an advantage
Another could see as a positive
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

If there are 5 of you then it will most likely be cheaper to book a mod then a value suite which can be just as or even more expensive than a mod anyway and upgrade the dining plan.

we've stayed at value mod & deluxe resorts and I'd happily stay at any of them again depending on our needs/budget. There are things I've preferred and disliked about all of them value included it just depends on your personal needs/wants.

other than mentioned already with a value
the buses do stop/pickup further away from the park entrances than other resorts but its not a huge issue.
the shop/aracade are more in your face- you can't miss them whereas they are more discreetly placed in higher level resorts so easier to steer the kids away from.
less charging points which are standard us plug fittings and in slightly inconvenient places like by the door- this may change during refurbs Some of the higher level resorts have usb charging points or ones which are at least in practical places like by the table/desk though again not a huge issue
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarkd3
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thank you for all your advice and thoughts on the hotels, it’s been really helpful, roll on April 2019 so that I can do my maths!
Clarkd3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List