Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Oct 18, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Thanks for posting this..looks good upto now.
I have booked for next May..DH does not know yet as its his Christmas /Birthday present.
Check out the prices on Booking.com for May...some of them are so cheap because its Ramadan ...I know a few things will be closed but things will still be open for tourists.
I have also booked the QE2 for one night as I don't think they will be that price again.
Looking forward to the rest of your trip and some ideas.
We got a really good deal staying on the palm during Ramadan. Everything is still open and you wouldn't really know it was Ramadan at all.

We were quite surprised that we hardly saw any local people during our stay. We had prewarned our two girls that we were going to the UAE during a religious festival and that we need to respect their culture so when out and about we wouldn't be eating and drinking unless in appropriate areas etc and that lots of ladies would have their faces covered and the men would be in traditional dress also.

We get there and nearly everyone who works in Dubai is Indian / Thai. our kids thought we were bonkers!

We took our kids to Atlantis water park on the palm, it was fantastic.

Also, the Burj Khalifa (tallest building in the world) is amazing but you need to book before you go or it can be double the price so don't turn up without pre booking.

We booked both tickets with Attraction Tickets Direct before we left and had print outs. All worked well.
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by cherub85 View Post
We flew from Stansted. Which was also excellent, very quick through security. Way better than Luton!
Oh really? Emirates fly from Stansted. I shall have to remember that. We are very close but I don’t fly from there because I do tend to stick with BA for air miles.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Today we spent the morning by the pool.
mainly in the lazy river. Then went back to Motiongate to do a few rides we’d missed. I chickened out of this one in the Hunger games area!
Then headed off to Bolllywood Park.
This was beautifully done, some good rides and shows although we didn’t really know what was going on most of the time!
The show in here was spectacular.
Tomorrow we may try Legoland, can’t imagine we will be in there for long as it is aimed more at little ones!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Love Emirates, great way to start a trip to Dubai.
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
deeley
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cherub85 View Post
This is our first trip to Dubai, booked thanks to the Dibb in January. Saw posts about good value packages to Dubai parks and resorts so booked for half term. Flew straight after work Friday night with Emirates, service was great and overall far better than other flights we’ve had to Florida especially with BA! Got to hotel about 8 am, very tired as didn’t sleep on flight over night. They checked us in and gave us a room even though official check in is not til 3. Room hasn’t the best view as it over looks the front of hotel so can see car parks and buildings, but we desperately needed to nap so was happy with any room really!

Hotel similar to Royal Pacific at Universal, has Polynesian theme.

Had breakfast at buffet, amazing choice including curry, Chinese etc! Husband had some very spicy chicken in black bean sauce! I stuck to more traditional stuff! Napped for couple of hours, then we took golf buggy to Motiongate Park.
Got our quick queue wristbands then went in. Park very quiet, didn’t need bands at all! Most rides we went in we walked straight on! Some weren’t running as such, just waiting for riders! Park very clean and well themed. Overall we are very impressed.
Going to use pool this morning then go to the Bollywood park.
I’m really interested. Who did you book with please?
Covid cancelled Aug 2020!
Back to NYC Dec 22
deeley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by deeley View Post
Whenever I go to Dubai I book the flight direct with emirates and the hotel direct with them - you don't need a TA for Dubai
Old 21 Oct 18, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by deeley View Post
Well I have never been but i would book my flights with emirates and my hotel with whatever hotel I wanted to stay at.
Old 22 Oct 18, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We booked it as a package with Emirates holidays. The resort is about 45 mins from the airport. We booked a private transfer as part of the package.
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

It looks like a ghost town, is it always that quiet?
Old 22 Oct 18, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Looks great, can I ask what the deal was as I missed seeing it in January.