Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Oct 18, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

It is very quiet! No idea if it’s always like this! We’ve had the fast passes as was included but the rides are walk ons! We paid £2800 for three adults, half board and park tickets included in half term. Was not that much more than a week in a decent hotel all inclusive in Turkey/ Canary Islands so we thought it a good deal. Park merchandise is also very cheap as lots reduced by 80%! I bought a very nice laptop bag for less than I paid for three ice creams! Under a fiver!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cherub85 View Post
It is very quiet! No idea if it’s always like this! We’ve had the fast passes as was included but the rides are walk ons! We paid £2800 for three adults, half board and park tickets included in half term. Was not that much more than a week in a decent hotel all inclusive in Turkey/ Canary Islands so we thought it a good deal. Park merchandise is also very cheap as lots reduced by 80%! I bought a very nice laptop bag for less than I paid for three ice creams! Under a fiver!
Seems like an excellent deal. Is the hotel good? Food good? Where did you get the deal? I didn't even know there was a park there- is it any good?
Old 22 Oct 18, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

That looks pretty cool

Looks like it's taken the best bits from Disney and Universal combined.

Is the shopping good?

Old 22 Oct 18, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
creamcake
Very Serious Dibber

which hotel are you staying at ? Never been myself, but very interested and would like to go one day. Is your hotel in the Jumeirah Beach area ?
Old 22 Oct 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by creamcake View Post
which hotel are you staying at ? Never been myself, but very interested and would like to go one day. Is your hotel in the Jumeirah Beach area ?
I’m in Jumeriah Beach atm. The JBH opened again on Friday after a 6’month renovation closure. We have stayed in a few different places over the years including the Palm. I prefer it here
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mumx3
Imagineer

mumx3's Reviews
Oh it all sounds fab, I wonder why its so quiet as the weather is good there now so im told.

My DD went to work over there in July and am so looking forward to go and visit her.

She absolutly loves everything about Dubai, it all sounds amazing.
2003 Xmas..Blue Tree Resort..2007 Xmas..Villa Kissimmee..2008..Mauritius..2009..Marriott Cypress Harbour..2010..CA Road Trip & Xmas in Vegas..2012..Xmas Mauritius..2013.Mauritius..2014.Poland..2015..Canada
2016..New York. & Lanzerote..2017.Caribbean cruise.. 2018..Prague...2018 Turkey...2019 Dubai..2019 India
mumx3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cherub85 View Post
We booked it as a package with Emirates holidays. The resort is about 45 mins from the airport. We booked a private transfer as part of the package.
This is what we did when we stayed at the Atlantis for ten nights in summer - diy couldn't the touch the fantastic price with upgraded club room etc that we got with emiratesholidays
And too many canary/Balearic island visits to list
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mrs dee View Post
This is what we did when we stayed at the Atlantis for ten nights in summer - diy couldn't the touch the fantastic price with upgraded club room etc that we got with emiratesholidays
You will always get the best prices during the summer. If you enjoy the heat you will get some fab offers
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

We are going to Dubai on Fri, can't wait! Our half term seems different to everyone elses this time, everyone seems to be this week!
Stayed at Atlantis last time which was amazing but been there, done it now.
Staying at Fairmont the Palm this time. Flying with Emirates from Manchester which I'm looking forward to as not flown with them before!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We are staying in the Lapita hotel which is part of the Dubai parks and resort complex. It’s a bit like Universal with the hotel, parks and an area with lots of shops and restaurants called riverside connecting them. Some of the restaurants aren’t open though such as Cheesecake Factory and Giraffe, they don’t look like they’ve ever opened. We went to all the parks today! Legoland first
as you can see it was very busy! The area with all the models of the area was spectacular.
Left and popped into McDonald’s for lunch, again very empty, greeted on the door and very well looked after!Then had a few hours in the Legoland water park. Went back to the hotel to shower, then went into Motiongate for a couple of rides till it closed at 8, then into Bollywood park til that closed at 9. Again, all the parks were quiet!

Dinner was somewhat ruined by some kids running round screaming, had to ask to move sections to get away from the racket!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List