Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Oct 18, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
bonzai
Trading Disney Pins

CBR vs Beach Club - CBR £1k cheaper

Guys,

Looking for some advice. We have booked 8 nights in the Beach Club next July and are very excited! I ran a price check this morning and CBR was coming on around £1k cheaper, even with upgrading our dining plan. What do think? Should I consider this option, especially with the building works coming to a close?
bonzai is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Do you want
Bigger room
Better pool
Bigger choice of TS meals (not just in the BC Yc but also on the Boardwalk and in EPCOT)
A balcony
Better service
Walk to EPCOT and the Studios or use the boat option

It's really a case of if all these things are worth an extra grand to you. I tend to calculate how much extra a night the better hotel is so total cost divided by number of nights in hotel and ask myself , do I want to pay £x per night more to have better location, facilities. Another way to look at it is what wouldyou spend that thousand on otherwise

It's really subjective though, there's no right answer ... just the "right for you" answer.

Edited at 11:34 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Agree with the above post, you cannot really compare a Moderate with a Deluxe resort. Our main issue with most of the Moderates is the entrance to your room is from a shared outside ‘lobby’ and we were at the end, leaving me feeling a bit exposed and you can hear people coming and going all the time (especially at the ends of the blocks).
I prefer the enclosed lobby hotel style.
On the other hand, if you are going to spend all your time in the parks or out of the hotel, go for the cheaper option as you would only be sleeping there

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

I had this same dilemma when booking this year
The beach club is my favourite resort and booked it but then realised a grand is a big difference on a holiday so changed to CBR my thoughts were its going to be all done up and new feeling its close to HS And Epcot there will be the gonderla transport which will be really different.
You don't spend a lot of time in the resort, we don't have children so only use the quiet pools anyway and we have stayed in moderates and delux and never had an issue with noise in any room. And Disney hotels are all great
I do love a balcony but it'd rather have another grand to spend in push comes to shove
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sue View Post
Agree with the above post, you cannot really compare a Moderate with a Deluxe resort. Our main issue with most of the Moderates is the entrance to your room is from a shared outside ‘lobby’ and we were at the end, leaving me feeling a bit exposed and you can hear people coming and going all the time (especially at the ends of the blocks).
I prefer the enclosed lobby hotel style.
On the other hand, if you are going to spend all your time in the parks or out of the hotel, go for the cheaper option as you would only be sleeping there
This is a plus for us as we prefer the outside rooms.

Op we spend barely any time at our resort so for us the extra £1k wouldn’t be worth it and we prefer a good QS restaurant to TS as we never upgrade to the TS dining plan but it would all depend on whether you’re happy spending the extra £1k.

The beach club pool looks great though if you’re not intending to spend all your time in the parks.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi ,we're staying at the CBR and for us we looked at just how much time we plan on being around the hotel ,we stayed at the All stars last time which was fine but this time wanted the QSDP so went up to the moderates ... think what you'd prefer the extra money to spend whilst there, or the accommodation that you really want to stay at ? ... I know which one I'd choose ...
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Depends how flush I am. In terms of facilities, location then Beach Club wins. But only worth it if you’re going to use them or if you can throw away 1k even for minimal use. I’ve chosen in both directions and the decider every time is just how much disposable income I’ve got without it been an issue. I prefer deluxe, am very happy with moderate and will save longer and go less to stay moderate over value. As previous poster said. It’s basically subjective and dependent on factors personal only to you.
Old 24 Oct 18, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Where do you stop, why not compare the price against the All Stars resorts, or even the Holiday Inn. You will always find something cheaper, but you need to compare like for like.
You could row, rather than fly

£1000 extra for a deluxe near Epcot is worth it.

Originally Posted by bonzai View Post
I ran a price check this morning and CBR was coming on around £1k cheaper
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

If you are driven by cost, look at the All Stars resorts. This will bring further savings.

Just seen yr post Sprocket

Disney332
Old 24 Oct 18, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

you need to look at
how many of you are going?
why you choose the bc originally?
what are your plans?

the bc is a beautiful resort and you can't really beat the location but having stayed there as much as I loved the hotel I don't feel its worth an extra £1000 esp for 8 nights but that is because we spend little time in our room/at the resort and I'd rather put the money towards extra treats/activities.

I've never stayed at cbr so can't comment on whether that particular resort is worth downgrading to but it does look like it will be great once all the works are finished.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List