Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Oct 18, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
taker
Getting Excited

One of the biggest hidden expenses will be tipping in restaurants. If you don't mind it you could stick to fast food some of the days and pay less than $10 per person for a decent meal. The supermarkets over there do some decent hot and cold ready to eat food too which come in big portions and are way cheaper than restaurants. If you did this every two or three days you'd quickly have some decent savings to spend on more treats.

I prefer to take cash so I split it into a daily budget and I only take that out with me each day. Any left over each day goes into a treat pot for later in the holiday.
taker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m staying at enclave in June. Have you got the virgin hot breakfast? Please let me know what the hotel is like as I freak out at some of the trip advisor reports.

Not been this hotel before and haven’t been to I drive in 10 years but this is my list so far

Bahama Breeze ($5 discount)
Golden Corral(bogof)

Panda Express

Five guys 
Port
Denny’s (20% off coupon)

Ihop (free stack)

Applebee’s (bogof)

Red robins (free burger)
Olive Garden ($5 off)
Buffalo Wild Wings
Millers ale house (free birthday dessert)
Tony Roma’s (onion loaf)
Longhorn steakhouse (free appetiser)
Perkins (20% or bogof)
Hash house agogo (bogof)
Friendlys (25% off)
Steak and shake(kids eat free weekends)
Black Angus (birthday steak)
Cheesecake Factory
Freddys frozen custard (premium outlets)
Chillis (free desert)
First watch (free breakfast)
Culvers (second basket free)
Wawa fuel and shop
Nypd pizza (free second pizza Tuesday)
O’Charley’s (20%)
Bjs (free pizzokie)
Johnny rockets (free burger)
Kekes
Cracker Barrel
Blaze pizza (Disney springs)
McDonald’s

These are all in my list as they look good, cheap, close and signing up to emails will give me offers.
I’m sure there is a chillis next door to the hotel. Think it does take out too. Looked good on its website meal for two offer think that might feed three.

Landry Card if going to rainforest or t-Rex.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

And cos it’s my birthday in June so get the birthday offers too
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura1988
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
I’m staying at enclave in June. Have you got the virgin hot breakfast? Please let me know what the hotel is like as I freak out at some of the trip advisor reports.

Not been this hotel before and haven’t been to I drive in 10 years but this is my list so far

Bahama Breeze ($5 discount)
Golden Corral(bogof)

Panda Express

Five guys 
Port
Denny’s (20% off coupon)

Ihop (free stack)

Applebee’s (bogof)

Red robins (free burger)
Olive Garden ($5 off)
Buffalo Wild Wings
Millers ale house (free birthday dessert)
Tony Roma’s (onion loaf)
Longhorn steakhouse (free appetiser)
Perkins (20% or bogof)
Hash house agogo (bogof)
Friendlys (25% off)
Steak and shake(kids eat free weekends)
Black Angus (birthday steak)
Cheesecake Factory
Freddys frozen custard (premium outlets)
Chillis (free desert)
First watch (free breakfast)
Culvers (second basket free)
Wawa fuel and shop
Nypd pizza (free second pizza Tuesday)
O’Charley’s (20%)
Bjs (free pizzokie)
Johnny rockets (free burger)
Kekes
Cracker Barrel
Blaze pizza (Disney springs)
McDonald’s

These are all in my list as they look good, cheap, close and signing up to emails will give me offers.
I’m sure there is a chillis next door to the hotel. Think it does take out too. Looked good on its website meal for two offer think that might feed three.

Landry Card if going to rainforest or t-Rex.

I have been to the enclave many times before and love it!

Please don't read to much into the reviews, have you got a standard or upgraded room?

Breakfast is really good and so much to have, i have spoken to the manager to ask for a lake view room and got an email back the same day! she has pre allocated me a great room (i have done this before)

We felt the same the first time we went but had such a great time!

x
Laura1988 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Gusgusmummy
Imagineer

Gusgusmummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

The big sub sandwiches from Publix and Walmart can easy be shared for a few cheap nights and the luchables are a $1 and a great snack for kids at lunch. Walmart has fab things for kids to snack on for $1 work out what you need and also take squeeze little diluting juice bottles for water. Maybe buy a character refill bottle from pound shop before you go and give the kids diluted juice in the character bottles at parks.
Gusgusmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

Don’t forget to go straight to Walmart and get a few crates of water. Take plenty with you everywhere you go, will save a fortune.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes completely do-able, we are going for xmas and will be sticking to $100 a day for 2 a 2c,and done have a breakfast included! we will do a shop at walmart for cereal and snacks, some wine and beer, we will have breakfast in the room( cereal) will take some sort of snack to the parks ( cereal bars\ cheese biscuits etc) we drink water at the parks ( take them little sweezy juice) lunch will be something like a lard lad dougnut , connabon or a couple of kids meals to share, and dinner will be a quick service place ( no tip to pay!) or pizza take out. For one week we are staying at cabana bay, so will use their dinner and adult meals there tend to be about $10 ish each. I refuse to buy alcohol with meals, and would prefer to have a beer when we get back to the room. Our other restaurant choices so far are sweet tomatoes, millers ale house, subway, cicis, in universal citywalk Moes, Cinnibon, we will also visit bubba gumps as we will have our $25 landry ( it is really honestly my hubbies birthday lol) maragrettivlle ( for the nachos) . We also never buy desert in restaurants, i find them very sweet and would rather treat ourselves to a usa chocolate \ candy bar.
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018 , Cabana Bay August 2019, Enclave Suites Feb 2020, Doubletree@Seaworld Feb 2022
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gusgusmummy
Imagineer

Gusgusmummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I forgot to say some of the kids eat free cards cover McDonald’s like every McDonald’s so if you and your hubby get a meal the kids get happy meals free and they include a desert. We do this quite a bit at lunch on way into parks
Gusgusmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post

buffet breakfasts are so useful, just make your own sandwiches at breakfast to take for lunch or keep in the fridge for the evening, you can usually take some fruit or a muffin away for snacks. likewise take travel mugs or thermos for hot drinks that u can make in your own room.its always those snacks & extras that add up & which have a high mark up in the parks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We have a food budget of $50 a day between 2 adults! We never spend more than that! We do allow $100 for a food shop the day we arrive and we are not eating in the parks as we rarely visit them. Sign up to restaurants for coupons about 3-4 days before you go as the signing offers don’t last long. Perkins do free pie on a Monday and a bogof on entrees on a Wednesday. Sweet Tomatoes send coupons every Thursday. Applebee’s and Chilis both do a 2 for $22 menu which consists of a starter to share and 2 mains. We eat breakfast in the villa and often take rolls with ham and cheese and salad etc for lunch. I’ve lost count of all the car parks etc where we’ve sat and eaten lunch! We try and eat in the villa every other night, often just a pizza and a bag of salad, costs about $10, everything we save on one day, we spend on going out for dinner the next day.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List