Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Oct 18, 02:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Thing1thing2
Excited about Disney

Mobile Here now illness

Just thought I'd warn people really to b extra careful an take anti bac gels with them an use them very regularly if going soon.
My 6 month old started being sick early Saturday continuing over the weekend, the rest of us (ds6,ds13 &dh) all got it last night.
Horrendous sick bug! We've had to stay in today an see how we feel tomorrow due to fly home Thursday so it's ruined our last few days really.
It was on the news that tampa area has an awful sick bug going around at the moment, we did go bush gardens an st Petes but that was beginning of last week. I'm convinced it's from a kids pool or splash area.
So anti back after rides everyone! You seriously do not want this bug!

Edited at 08:20 AM.
Thing1thing2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 04:34 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Thank you I’ll make sure I have my anti backs on my bags to us we go to the airport tonight
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

So sorry to hear about you all being poorly. Plenty of fluids and hopefully you will all be feeling better soon. We had this last year with son and daughter. Hope you have enjoyed the rest of your holiday.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hope you're all feeling better soon it's horrible being ill when you're on holiday.
There's a few bugs going around over here at the moment, my granddaughter son and daughter in law all had hand foot and mouth last week and a friends son has the same combined with scarlet fever.
Loads of people off in work with the sickness bug too.
Old 23 Oct 18, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by mushumadness View Post
Thank you I’ll make sure I have my anti backs on my bags to us we go to the airport tonight
I always find the biggest culprit in spreading germs is the trays and seat back screens on the plane. Always wipe them down when we get on. We think last years sickness came from the dirty water in Journey to Atlantis in Seaworld !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
We all got it last year from mk.mum ended up in mk medical centre and they said it was rife . It passed after 24 hrs but we felt it for a few days after and lasted a week as it went through us all. Make sure you wash your hands thoroughly before eating .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

We had that one year in a villa it was horrendous, so sorry for you all i hope you feel better
Old 23 Oct 18, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

I Hope you feel better soon. If it is Novovirus though anti-bac won't help except for a "belt and braces job". Thorough washing with soap and water is advised and then anti-bac if you wish.
Old 23 Oct 18, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Thing1thing2
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks everyone, going to see how everyone is feeling today. Me an baby seem ok, eldest son still felt ill last night. I've stripped all bedding an cleaned the apartment, trying to get rid of the smell of sick! 🙈, have a washing machine ive washed everything 😂.
I'm just glad little on is ok now it's worrying when they are so small an sick like this ☹️
He wouldn't take formula or water but luckily I was still part breast feeding an this was all he wanted.
We're at a west gate an have a 2 bed so we're lucky we wasn't fighting for the toilet! We have seperate ones. There a small warm baby pool with a fountain in it we think it's from there, or from a splash kids area at lego land. The kids are always playing or comforting baby so it could be they have passed it straight to him from their hands.
Other than this we've had a lovely holiday, I've got a shopping day on Wednesday to look forward to 🤗.