Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 4 Nov 18, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

#Squadgoals. Salou/Portaventura October 2018. Highs/lows/future plans plus some of Sandy’s photos

I will start with the lows as it’s a short list
Missing some Ferrari Land rides. We were just too themed park out to make the most of a quiet park and I’m glad we all rode Red force so it’s not really a major low.
Shambhala in the dark for me, It was terrifying.

Highs
Spending quality time with Jess, talking, drinking, shopping, having a great time at the theme park with her.
A quiet Portaventura on the Monday and spending the evening there for a change.
The weather, after a rainy first day it was beautiful.
Having friends with us, I know it’s not everyone’s idea of a good holiday but we enjoyed their company as well having just family time.

This has been one of our favourite holidays, and even Jess who normally isn’t bothered about going away had a great time.
I think we had a good mixture of chilling and going out and doing things. We normally visit nearby places in the bus and bus plana offer plenty of trips out but it was nice to have a more relaxed holiday this year. It’s been quite stressful with A level revision, uni visits and applications so it was perfect for us.
And the great news is that Jess has agreed to another break there next year. We just have to figure out when. Easter and May are out because of A level revision and exams. October is also out because Jess will be at uni so hopefully I can get some time off after her exams, just after her 18th.

Thanks to everyone that has read my report. I really do recommend Salou.
I will just post some of Sandy’s lovely photos taken from her phone. She made a photo album for us.

Edited at 11:08 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Thanks for sharing your trip! I hear you about the kids needing some downtime in their final year of school - poor DS has been working his socks off for the 2 week half term and I can see that he is stressed about going back to school (not helped by having mocks in December!) Jess must have felt refreshed!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Thanks for sharing your trip! I hear you about the kids needing some downtime in their final year of school - poor DS has been working his socks off for the 2 week half term and I can see that he is stressed about going back to school (not helped by having mocks in December!) Jess must have felt refreshed!
We all needed a break.
It’s hard on kids now, I know Jess puts pressure on herself to do well and works hard. We are prepared for stressful times running up to the exams next year. You would think we would be used to it after GCSEs and AS level exams but it doesn’t get any easier.
Thanks again for your lovely comments.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
frozenfan97
VIP Dibber

Another great trip report. It's nice to have a more relaxed holiday sometimes. Good luck to Jess for her A Levels.
Old 12 Nov 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by frozenfan97 View Post
Another great trip report. It's nice to have a more relaxed holiday sometimes. Good luck to Jess for her A Levels.
Thank you for reading. It was so nice to have a break with her.
Jess now has her uni offers so she’s working hard to get her grades.
Old 21 Feb 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great trippie - I love reading about PortAventura and remember reading your previous ones before our first visit last October (we're now planning visit #3).

Thanks for sharing and good luck to Jess for her exams
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by HEMANCLOFTY View Post
A great trippie - I love reading about PortAventura and remember reading your previous ones before our first visit last October (we're now planning visit #3).

Thanks for sharing and good luck to Jess for her exams
Thank you. We always recommend Salou. Enjoy your next visit. We will miss it this year.
The stress of exams is hitting now, plus driving tests (Jess has failed the theory twice, hopefully third time lucky)