Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 19 Feb 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sept 7 month window!

Well that was an easy decision! We had been toying with the idea of moving our second week, already on a cash booking first week at WL, but the only resorts with a full week - Studio :
SSR, OKW, BW - Pool View, AK Kidani- Savannah & BLT- Lake view
We had wanted CC but neither there or BR have full availability so we will stick with what we have. Slightly surprised that BW has a full week. Next thought was the weekend of our anniversary- even worse :
SSR,OKW, Poly everything else was waitlist- 2 nights!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

When are you looking for?

I have a studio booked at CCV for a week from 30th November which we don't know if we'll be keeping, depending on DS's post GCSE plans, there's a good chance we'll cancel it, so let me know if it's any use to you.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thank you but too late for us but much appreciated. Sept 26th, 7 month only opened yesterday but even the weekend of our anniversary, 5th Oct, there's hardly anything although I did think about 2 nights at the Poly but wasn't that impressed with the videos of the rooms- of course great view!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Ah that's a shame. We loved the mock up of the rooms at The Poly when we saw them in October while signing our paperwork, especially the 2 bathrooms in the studios. I do love the Poly theming though.

(just realised you've put September in your heading! D'oh!)

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Thank you but too late for us but much appreciated. Sept 26th, 7 month only opened yesterday but even the weekend of our anniversary, 5th Oct, there's hardly anything although I did think about 2 nights at the Poly but wasn't that impressed with the videos of the rooms- of course great view!
SD
We love the Poly studio rooms, they are really spacious. The two bathrooms are a real bonus for us.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
We love the Poly studio rooms, they are really spacious. The two bathrooms are a real bonus for us.
I'm really looking forward to trying the Poly studios for the first time in May but as I'll be there solo the first few days I'll need to alternate bathroom use!
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

We just managed to get beach club 2 bed at our seven month window. We had a choice of beach club or boardwalk which I am amazed at knowing how popular they are. Love both these resorts.
Really like Poly too as we stayed there a few years ago but no chance at 7 month last three years.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by Licoricelover View Post
We just managed to get beach club 2 bed at our seven month window. We had a choice of beach club or boardwalk which I am amazed at knowing how popular they are. Love both these resorts.
Really like Poly too as we stayed there a few years ago but no chance at 7 month last three years.
Just curious what time of year you couldn’t get Poly at 7 month. We managed to get two studios September 2018 and one for May 2019.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I can't remember the Vlogger, not one of our usual ones, as I was surprised though as she "picked up" on how things like around the sinks was looking "tired" & I'm thinking it's a fairly new Resort to be looking "tired" already!
The original plan had been :
7 nights WL - Free Dining
10 nights CC
14 nights SSR
But the more we thought about it, the more we were put off with the 3 moves scenario, plus DS & DGF will be at POR for those 10 nights & obviously sticking with Saratoga will make things "easier".
The 2 nighter was just a flash in the pan idea & wouldn't be a move as we'd keep our SSR room IYKWIM
SD
Old 21 Feb 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Just curious what time of year you couldn’t get Poly at 7 month. We managed to get two studios September 2018 and one for May 2019.
We needed 18th to 23rd September and not all the nights were available so would have had to wait list two studios which we didn’t want to risk.
Last year we had the same problem at the end of September but managed to get Copper Creek instead.
As long as something different is available at 7 month we are happy bunnies.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List