Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 1 Mar 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinders88
Being a bit Goofy

Draft itinerary- April 2019

Hello! Planning our second trip for April, 2 x adults, 1 x 10yr old and 1 x 8yr old. Staying off site and only doing disney parks (with one exception as below). Would appreciate views on this draft itinerary.

Day 1- arrive mid afternoon. Straight to villa and stock up on food.

Day 2- Blizzard Beach

Day 3- Epcot for day

Day 4- Magic Kingdom for day

Day 5- Animal Kingdom for day

Day 6- Typhoon Lagoon for lazier day.

Day 7- Kennedy Space Centre

Day 8- Hollywood Studios (afternoon & evening)

Day 9- Magic Kingdom (afternoon & evening)

Day 10- Epcot (afternoon & evening)

Day 11- poss Hollywood Studios (afternoon) and Animal Kingdom (evening)

Day 12- Fantastia golf late morning before packing for flight the following day.
Cinders88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post

The day of week can be quite relevant to an itinerary, could you add it in or say what day is your first day?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinders88
Being a bit Goofy

Our first full day will be a Thursday. I’ve been checking the busy day guides and couldn’t decide between MK or a water park for the first day but think we may go with the water park to try to ease off the jet lag!
Cinders88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post

Ok, well I really would rethink the days. Water parks are better Monday to Wednesday. I wouldn’t go first full day anyway, you might not be jet lagged, we have never been, but even so it doesn’t mean you are tired, it means you are waking up at the wrong time, I would definitely want a regular park first day. The plan also means you are visiting MK on a Saturday, probably the worst day, I would do MK on a week day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I know most don't agree but even in my second week I would be rope dropping some days. I hate arriving in the afternoon- straight into heat and crowds. I rather go early leave in mid afternoon and rest/swim at villa. The exception being if you are staying for fireworks. If the villa is nearby I would do split days (mornings and evening- rest midday) but only if close.
I wouldn't give a day up to mini golf- I'd combine it with the blizzard beech day as nearby- just watch the free time restrictions.
Day one would be a park at rope drop, 10 am will feel like a really long morning( if you are up at 5am) before leaving for BB.

Edited at 08:02 PM.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
When's the holiday to recover from the holiday ? That aside with a packed 11 days, I would use the waterpark days to recover from the main park days. That first day you will be awake at 5:00, it will be a long 5 hours waiting for BB to open or a shorter 2:30 hours going to Ep or MK.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinders88
Being a bit Goofy

We’re flying out to another resort for R&R after the Disney fun, have a v early flight hence the mini golf (wanted to avoid water parks so I could get all swimmers dry and packed ready to leave).

Thanks for all your comments, it’s great to hear other views.
Old 10 Mar 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
It isn't a Florida holiday unless you come back knackered.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think a water park first day is a waste. I’d pick a park and possibly book an early breakfast. Before parks open as you’ll beat the crowds to a certain extent

BB and TL won’t open until 10am and you’ll be up at stupid o’clock first morning
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

I'm with Shooby Doo, use the jet lag to your advantage and get into a park early on your first day.