Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 Mar 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
If you join TP's do you actually get to see room numbers etc? We have never used them before just put in a request on the drop down on MDE & always got what we wanted but going to AKL this time and whilst not to bothered about an animal view even partial, I would like to be near transport but not on a ground floor so wondered if TP's actually showed what was where
Yes you do - we used it last AKL trip and got the area we wanted with partial savannah view and using it again for August. We also uploaded our room view to their site to help inform others 👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If you join TP's do you actually get to see room numbers etc? We have never used them before just put in a request on the drop down on MDE & always got what we wanted but going to AKL this time and whilst not to bothered about an animal view even partial, I would like to be near transport but not on a ground floor so wondered if TP's actually showed what was where
You can access the hotel maps with room numbers and views on TP without joining. I checked out the room numbers and views at Bay Lake Tower as I was thinking of requesting a room, but decided to leave it to chance. We got lucky as we were allocated one of the standard view rooms that faced MK and so we got to watch the fireworks from our balcony.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Yes you do. Not that it helped me! The only thing I found useful was the WDW Lines app. It still works even though my subscription has expired so I'm not going to renew.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have used TP requests for the last 4 or 5 trips and I have always got the area I wanted and at AKL got the exact room, have already picked my room for next trip 😂 although less of an issue at POFQ as I believe everything is compact.
I don’t check in on line as I think I read at some point not to do both not sure if it is coincidence but it has always worked for me

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Thanks all I did find the room nbrs etc on TP site. We only booked standard room & if we want to be near transport then it looks like a carpark view any anyway.
Old 11 Mar 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
So we turned up at reception at 10am or something as we were already in Florida. We left our luggage there and we did pick up new magic bands, but equally ones from a previous visit would have worked. I am not sure that the online check in actually does anything, other than it enabled us to see our room number on MDE and not go have to queue up at reception for a second time to find out our room number.

We don’t request a room in advance and thus far we have always been upgraded. I think if I request a room we will get what we ask for rather than an upgrade. So I will never request a room.
Last year was my first visit since 1997 so my first Magic Band I still wear it sometimes as a bracelet! I had a blue one and wear a lot of blue (which is why I chose that colour) and it goes well.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
MissNicki90
I have Ears

Being from the UK we always use online check in on Disney site 60 days prior to arrival, this saves the hassle of handing over any passport and credit card details etc so when we get there we just have to pick up our magic bands and room number and we’re done. It’s so easy! We’ve also used touring plans as well and always got what we wanted. As long as your room requests are similar on Disney and touring plans then they won’t counteract each other.
MissNicki90 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List