Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Mar 19, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess-Karla
Being a bit Goofy

Universal help

Sorry for the long post.

Going to Orlando at the end of August 2019. I’ve been 3 times in the last 3 years, just me and dd who will be 5. We always do just the Disney parks.
I love Harry Potter & have been waiting very patientlyfor dd to get to a certain height, before attempting to do univ/islands. She is currently 109 cm. We are only going for 12 days this trip, but i can get 1 day park to park tickets for £222 for both of us. After this trip I’m planning to return in 2021, So will do longer then.
Do you think 1 day will be enough to do Harry Potter etc in a day? We won’t be doing any of the big rides due to her height.

Thank you

Edited at 11:35 PM.
Princess-Karla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinkletoes47
VIP Dibber

Hi, one day is better than none - I absolutely love Harry Potter and it's the theming that is so perfect 👌. I don't think you will be able to fit anything else in, make the most of Harry Potter and use the train to travel between the two parks, soak up the atmosphere, drink butterbeer, watch the street entertainment and explore Diagon Alley.
It will be fab

The only issue is getting there and not being distracted by other fantastic rides and characters on the way

DRP 7 times to date!
Anaheim 1984, 1995, 2005
Miami and Kissimmee 1992, Highland Reserve 2011
Universal Cabana Bay, Disney Caribbean Beach, Miami, Key West 2015
New York New York Las Vegas 2016
NYC and Los Angeles 2017
Chicago to Vegas Route 66 Road Trip 2019
Twinkletoes47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Agree with the above. There’s so much to enjoy about the HP areas, the theming is incredible.
Make sure you take the train both ways as it is a different experience each time.
Visit all the shops and look everywhere. If your dd might be tempted by a magical creature, I can recommend visiting Weasleys Wizard Wheezes to adopt a Pygmy puff. They perform a really cute ceremony. My dd loved it!
Grab an ice cream at Florean Fortescue’s and, even if just for a drink, you must go into The Leaky Cauldron.
You an easily spend hours exploring. If you love HP, you won’t be disappointed.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I'd go for it- HP areas are brilliant- My kids loved the interactive wands- You might be able to sneak in one or two other rides as well if you plan it well. HP lands got a lot quieter in the evening so I'd go first thing park hop to see both- then maybe explore one or two other areas then back again in the last afternoon
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess-Karla
Being a bit Goofy

Thank you all for your replies,
Like always 1 day has now turned into 2. Decided to make the most of it and amended my Disney hotel booking.

Now doing a 2 night stay at RPR, so will get express passes. Very excited now 😀😀😀. Thanks for all your suggestions will be definitely looking into them some more as they sound great.
Princess-Karla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List