Notices

Old 10 Nov 18, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
princess lola
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 52
Poppy’s First Disney Experience ! Sept ‘19

Welcome to our Trip Report for our September 2019 trip to DLP! We are so excited as this will be Poppys first Disney experience, but definitely not the last as we are already planning a trip to WDW with our family in 2020.
A new family of three, my marriage broke down not long after poppy was born in November 2017 but a lot can happen in a year and since then we have a new member who we are so lucky to call ‘dada’! We can’t wait to have our first adventure as a family of three!

Introductions

Laura28 and a full time Mam of beautiful poppy at the moment. Taking a break from my career as a theatre wardrobe technician, a wonderful job which I enjoyed so much but after dedicating 12 years of my life to working in theatre and 5 years of that to touring around the world (very lucky I know) with the shows Cats and Mary Poppins, I realised how family ‘un’friendly theatre is to women who want to have children. We very rarely get maternity pay or have a return to work scheme, we work contracts which can be short and unpredictable and as our freelance work would be very anti social (mostly nights) with a small child I cannot both work and be home for Poppy.
However I am loving my new role as full time Mam and we have had so many fabulous adventures in a year. I have a huge sense for adventure and travel, I love food and experiencing different cultures but more importantly I LOVE Disney! I’ve visited WDW 13 times before and DLP 8 times and I can’t wait for us to visit now as a family ❤️ Favourite characters are Ariel and Mickey and I love any Disney music.

Rich29 and a theatre sound engineer. Currently working As a production engineer so works a three or four day week (mostly) and is home with us the rest of the time. Has only been to DLP once a long time ago so is excited to see lots of new changes, especially toy story area and the fireworks! Also loves Disney (maybe not as much as me lol) adores any time he spends with poppy and is a big kid at heart ❤️ Favourites include Olaf and Cars he loves Randy Newman soundtracks so Princess and the Frog and Toy Story.

Poppy1(will be 21 months when we visit) a fun loving, giggly and adventurous little peanut who we live with all our hearts. A pure joy to take anywhere, she rarely cries and is always smiling and laughing. We can’t wait to see Disney through her eyes as at the moment she has a huge fondness for any Disney toys, favourites include Minnie and Daisy Duck, and has recently taken an interest in Disney movies too, loving Moana and Frozen!

Edited at 11:05 AM.
princess lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

How exciting! It’s always good to have a Disney trip to plan. Lovely that you want to share your adventure with fellow dibbers and especially lovely that you have something fun to look forward to after a difficult time in your personal life.

Great photos btw. Have to say, your job sounds really amazing but I totally get the antisocial hours thing. Enjoy your time with Poppy. The years absolutely fly by! I look forward to reading your updates.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Adcro
Serious Dibber

We're going September 19 too! When and where? I might make a pre-trip report too, I didn't know it was a thing!
Adcro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
princess lola
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Adcro View Post
We're going September 19 too! When and where? I might make a pre-trip report too, I didn't know it was a thing!
How exciting ! We are staying at Davy Crockett Ranch, the 9th until the 14th. How about you? Xxx
princess lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 18, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

In your post says poppy born November 2018?
She looks older than a few weeks or am I going crazy.
She’s beautiful btw
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
princess lola
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
In your post says poppy born November 2018?
She looks older than a few weeks or am I going crazy.
She’s beautiful btw
Omg how silly am I ! She was born Nov 2017 😂 thank you xxx