Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 20 Jan 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
One other thing- just watch out when it says try free delivery for 14 days*- don't click on that as if you don't cancel it in time it will sign you up to the annual delivery, like Amazon Prime. Watch out for that one. Just pay for the delivery, or get it free with enough products as I advised earlier in the thread, and don't forget the discount code on top earlier.
I’m going to read the whole thread tomorrow .
Old 20 Jan 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Good plan... how far in advance do you do yours?
Last time we flew Thursday and I think I did it Sunday.
Old 12 Feb 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mini_princessx2
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Help! Billing address what do I put in. And phone number,wont allow UK number 😭
mini_princessx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mini_princessx2 View Post
Help! Billing address what do I put in. And phone number,wont allow UK number 😭
Billing address is the address your credit card is registered to- read the first post re ZIP code entry.
Phone number I think you can just put that in the comments.
If you download the app and log in, on day of delivery you get delivery notification updates.
Old 12 Feb 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I need to get into 21st century! 20 odd trips to Goodings Winn Dixie ABC over the years. Check in OKW get a taxi, the boss has a basket for the foodie stuff while I get the essentials😀🍺🍷🍺🍺🍺. Dash back to OKW into the lift for block 62 ( best block top floor near every time !) fill cupboards and fridge (door space is mine!) Balcony, feet up, Landshark and we're off. Roll on Sept 12th. Might try this new fangled thing for the foods stuff though
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

You could always pick up duty free on the way over for the alcohol. Then all that is needed is food/snacks. I don't have the car first night so thinking of this myself. I like wandering to DS for a margarita but they aren't cheap.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Update:

Just did another Instacart for Friday. All my tips above are still good.

One thing I did have problems with- my credit card had expired. When I tried to put the new end date and code in, it reverted back to the original. I had to go to my account, delete the first card and then re- enter the new card.

But then further problems. It got stopped by Halifax fraud. I got the text from Halifax, and sent the ‘yes it was me’ back. But then it still wouldn’t go through. After calling Halifax it transpired that now Instacart we’re blocking the card for potential fraud. Halifax told me it would probably clear at Instacart overnight. We have loads of problems with Halifax card blocking transactions, so that came as no surprise but what I wasn’t prepared for was that to then trigger Instacart’s fraud blocking.

So in the end, I used my Post Office card, entered that on the account page and no issues, went straight through and order placed.

Instacart have been great when used before, I will report back on this order.

$10 off code- PAULH2C21C0

I recommend anyone using Instacart the first time read the entire thread.

Edited at 03:27 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Brill thx... I just downloaded the app and went to check out it allowed Apple Pay so I may try that instead of putting in my card details has anyone used Apple Pay via the app from the uk
Old 16 Dec 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Brill thx... I just downloaded the app and went to check out it allowed Apple Pay so I may try that instead of putting in my card details has anyone used Apple Pay via the app from the uk
How did you download the app on Apple, I couldn’t find it, says not in my country or region, but was there on Android? Let us know how that works.

Edited at 08:12 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
How did you download the app on Apple, I couldn’t find it, says not in my country or region, but was there on Android? Let us know how that works.
I have an American iTunes account so switched onto that to order. I will let you know!