Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 10 Mar 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile Booked lake garda...1st timers!

As above, I've just booked oh and me a 4night break july 6th from ncl to Verona staying at hotel continental in garda, lake garda. Reviews look good.

I've been to Sorrento but oh never has visited Italy. We fly on his 50yth birthday

Any tips recommendations? We unsure r.e hiring a car or getting taxi x
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by katy341 View Post
As above, I've just booked oh and me a 4night break july 6th from ncl to Verona staying at hotel continental in garda, lake garda. Reviews look good.

I've been to Sorrento but oh never has visited Italy. We fly on his 50yth birthday

Any tips recommendations? We unsure r.e hiring a car or getting taxi x
We stay in Sirmione on the Lake every year, we fell in love about 5 or 6 years ago and now go every year. I am waiting to win the lottery to live there with my family forever.

When we are there, we walk to the boats and get the boat to Garda and walk through to Bardolino and Lazise. Check out what day the market is, they visit all the resorts every day of the week and they are fab. I think its Friday but please check. Garda is lovely, fab shops, great for bags and purses ….. and wonderful restaurants on the lake.
There is a wonderful restaurant in Verona...… out of the way but the most beautiful setting, if you PM me I will find out the full address.
Lake Garda has completely stolen our hearts and so has Sirmione. Any more help, just contact me. Have fun, swim in the lake... its pure heaven, it really is. xxxx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x

Edited at 09:38 PM.
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

Ah thankyou for this! Makes me very excited! Transfer prices seem to be insane.im unsure whether to hire a car and use it like the transfer (meaning leave it at the hotel as it has free parking) I fancied Verona purely to see romeo/Juliet balcony

I've heard garda comes to life at night though I'm not looking forward to heat in July! X
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Ah thankyou for this! Makes me very excited! Transfer prices seem to be insane.im unsure whether to hire a car and use it like the transfer (meaning leave it at the hotel as it has free parking) I fancied Verona purely to see romeo/Juliet balcony

I've heard garda comes to life at night though I'm not looking forward to heat in July! X
We never hire a car, the boats are not cheap, but its the best part of the holiday... they are wonderful, with views to die for.
The Romeo and Juliet Balcony is really one to miss, as its made up and so busy. I really wouldn't bother.
There is the most amazing museum (museo) in Verona... its called Museo di Castelvecchio…. the views from the top...… breathtaking !
We love it so.

Have the most wonderful holiday, the heat is great, but the lake is so refreshing.
Be prepared to fall in love. xx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x

Edited at 10:17 PM.
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Please be careful if you hire a car in Italy. The roads are poor in places and drivers are maniacs .and you MUST take excess protection insurance. Italian car hire is The worst I have ever experienced they will try any which way to con you

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
loolieboo1410
Earning More Ears

If you do go to see the (very unimpressive and busy) balcony in it's tiny square, remember the golden rule as chanted to us repeatedly by our hotel owner...bag in front of you arms around, back to the wall! The square itself is notorious for pickpockets etc.
loolieboo1410 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed in Bardolino a few years ago now and loved it. We also enjoyed getting the boats and walking to the different locations, and enjoyed the food at every restaurant we tried. We visited Verona to attend the open air opera just for the experience, which again we enjoyed, but thought as a place it was generally overrated. We went there by tour bus though - it was an excursion they offered. I would not have wanted to drive!

Edited at 08:48 PM.
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
We stay in Sirmione on the Lake every year, we fell in love about 5 or 6 years ago and now go every year. I am waiting to win the lottery to live there with my family forever.

When we are there, we walk to the boats and get the boat to Garda and walk through to Bardolino and Lazise. Check out what day the market is, they visit all the resorts every day of the week and they are fab. I think its Friday but please check. Garda is lovely, fab shops, great for bags and purses ….. and wonderful restaurants on the lake.
There is a wonderful restaurant in Verona...… out of the way but the most beautiful setting, if you PM me I will find out the full address.
Lake Garda has completely stolen our hearts and so has Sirmione. Any more help, just contact me. Have fun, swim in the lake... its pure heaven, it really is. xxxx
Sounds beautiful where do you stay in Sirmione ,we are off to Venice in a couple of weeks but would love to go to Lake Garda next year.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List