Notices

Old 12 Mar 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
Charlie is so adorable! Sounds like some great plans and an amazing first trip to WDW for Charlie. We will have a slight overlap with you - we are there 16th - 30th Sept First time at this time of year for us!
Aww thank you so much, he is a little cracker!

I''m so excited to be out there at a new time of year... and can't wait to see the Halloween decorations!

Originally Posted by janewah View Post
So exciting! It will be lovely experiencing he magic through Charlie's eyes. We fly home the day you arrive (), it's such a great time to go. x
I think I will be a constant emotional mess being out there with him... I well up just thinking about it!

I bet you are so excited for your trip too!

Originally Posted by laurac1988 View Post
We'll cross paths out there!

We took Eden when she was turning two and it was wonderful to see it through her eyes. My trippie is in my signature :-)
Ooo lovely, I will definitely have a read of your trippy, thank you so much! (Any tips for tackling WDW with a toddler are always welcomed!)
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Looking forward to following along here and on IG. Bet you can’t wait! The villa looks beautiful.
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Looking forward to following along here and on IG. Bet you can’t wait! The villa looks beautiful.
Thank you so much for reading! I can assure you there will be lots of photo spam on IG whilst we are out there!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Thank you so much for reading! I can assure you there will be lots of photo spam on IG whilst we are out there!
Great - I love holiday spam!
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like an amazing trip, the villa and resort look fab, where did you book it?

Cant wait to follow along with your adventures
2littleboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Sounds like an amazing trip, the villa and resort look fab, where did you book it?

Cant wait to follow along with your adventures
We found it through randomly googling resorts and booked it through HomeAway
Old 14 Mar 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

I've only just seen this pre-trip! We were in Florida at the same time in 2016, but this time we'll cross over at the airport - we arrive on October 12th as unfortunately we're tied to school holidays now. Fortunately we do get a two week half term in October though!
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Caroian View Post
I've only just seen this pre-trip! We were in Florida at the same time in 2016, but this time we'll cross over at the airport - we arrive on October 12th as unfortunately we're tied to school holidays now. Fortunately we do get a two week half term in October though!
Oh that's fab you have the extra week off in October! My niece has that after the half term in May so my sister is making the most of it and taking them to DLP! Great to be able to avoid the major school holidays!
Old 22 Mar 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

A new house, airport hotel is booked and lots of shopping!

So given that it has been quite a while since I started this pre-trip report I thought I would pop by with a little update. It certainly has been a busy couple of months since I was last here, mostly as since then we have moved into a new house! All very exciting and Charlie is absolutely loving all the space he now has! We are also very excited to have a garden to play in this summer!

Also the new house has finally given us the perfect cupboard to store the many novelty glasses we have collected from our trips over the years! (Those of you who have followed my reports in the past will be well aware of our novelty glass obsession… here they all are in all their glory! And the good news… there is still room in the cupboard for more!)

So back to the important stuff… our upcoming trip! In reality there isn’t too much to update on as we are currently in that in-between period where there isn’t really too much that can be sorted and you are impatiently waiting for the ADR window to open up!

One thing that has been sorted is the airport hotel for the night before we fly. As with previous Orlando trips we have opted for the Premier Inn at the North Terminal. We find the location here perfect, and it will be even more so now since Virgin fly from the North Terminal! We currently have two rooms booked on the flexible rate of £99 each. I am keeping an eagle eye on the saver rate to see if it goes down nearer the time (it is currently sitting around the £75 mark) and if it does drop I will cancel the flexible rate rooms (at no charge) and book the saver rate instead.

So the plan is to travel up to Gatwick on the Friday evening, take advantage of Virgin’s twilight check-in and then stay over at the hotel ready to fly the next morning. I absolutely love staying at the hotel the night before you fly, for me it totally starts the holiday a day earlier! It will also be great to get rid of all our check-in luggage plus the car seat the night before so we can stroll over with my less baggage the following morning with our boarding passes in hand!

Along with booking the hotel I have also been busy shopping… because let’s face it, it’s never too early to start holiday shopping!

I won’t share everything (as there is already quite a bit!) but I thought I would include a few photos of the more special bits I have picked up from independent sellers on Etsy.

First up… ears! I already have plenty of ears but that didn’t stop me buying more! The first two new pairs I bought back last year from Luby and Lola, a favourite seller who I have many ears from. I couldn’t resist these two designs, the Buzz Lightyear pair will be perfect for a trip to Toy Story Land at DHS!

My next two pairs are from a new seller I have recently discovered (who is also a fellow Dibber), Characterful Crafts. Jen is truly very talented and creates the most beautiful and comfortable ears. I messaged her with a hope of some Spaceship Earth inspired ears and she went to the trouble of sourcing the material to make them happen… I am so excited to wear them in Epcot!

I also got an extra pair for Joan for her birthday which was a couple of weeks ago… as you can she the was absolutely delighted with them!

With all these new ears I was thinking that I would need some way to transport them over to Orlando… so when I spotted these beautiful personalised travel bags by Fairytale Sparkle I of course ordered one straight away!

Whilst on Tabitha’s page I also couldn’t resist this super cute t-shirt, a must for wearing in Magic Kingdom!

The t-shirts don’t end there… these two beauties came from Rock Paper Sisters (the Buzz t-shirt to wear with the Buzz ears of course!)

And then finally a Hollywood Tower Hotel design from Closet Geek (so yes we will have to have at least two trips to DHS to allow me to wear this one there too!)

So I think that brings me up to date with the shopping spree… no doubt there will be more to come! And I do promise I haven’t just been buying for myself, Charlie’s Orlando wardrobe is coming along nicely too… although at a slightly slower pace as I am always questioning what size he will be wearing in 6 months time!

The excitement levels really are starting to ramp up now, we are fast approaching the 180 day mark and whilst we don’t plan on booking too many Disney restaurants I am still very excited to get the ones we do want secured… more to follow on that soon!

And with that I shall bid you farewell for now, thanks as always for reading along and for all the wonderful comments that have been left so far!
Old 22 Mar 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Love those ears! Especially the Epcot inspired ones.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List