Notices

Old 10 Mar 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Pre-Trip report for our 2nd 'once in a lifetime' holiday haha

WE'RE OFF TO SEE THE MOUSE (again)

yup, so we got back from staying a fortnight at Disney's Saratoga Springs resort in 2017 and we had already decided that we'd definitely be going back (yay! no need to try and do some convincing, haha!)

so this year we are heading to the Animal Kingdom Lodge! yippee!
We were tempted to upgrade to this resort on our last trip but by the time i'd actually made up my mind the price had gone up more than i was willing to pay so we stayed put (and glad we did as we really did love SSR, shame it wasn't available for this year )

Follow my pre-trip resort and i'll make you seem super unorganised as i like to organise EVERYTHING

Just a little run down if you didn't catch my last pre-trip; we're a family of 4; the winkles (P and X) and the adults; mum and dad we also have a dog who pretty much things he's a child called Ichigo (he was only a pupper when we went on holiday last time!) and our recent family addition is a wee fuzz ball hamster called Hamtaro. For obvious reasons, the fur babies will have to stay at home with the less exciting humans that are the grandparents

Edited at 06:35 PM.
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

ADRs

so, here is the ADRs that we have come up with... with only a few weeks left to decide and i feel like this may change! recommendations are greatly appreciated! i've tried to do places we haven't done before

ADRs

1. Rainforest Cafe
  2. Tusker house
  3. Boma
  4. Liberty tree tavern
  5. Ale & Compass
  6. bon Voyage
  7. Via Napoli
  8. Garden Grill
  9. T-rex
  10. The Plaza
  11. Whispering Canyon Cafe
  12. Yak & Yeti
  13. Trails End

as you can see i'm missing one ADR! help! haha
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Good start. What about Teppen Edo or Raglan Road as your last ADR? We love both of them.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

we done Raglan Road in '17 and my OH wasn't too fond of it. I'd love to do Teppen Edo but being a super fuss pot i don't think i'd eat anything (which is a shame) we're thinking of somewhere in Disney Springs possibly as there's sooo much to choose from :O

Another thing i'd like to get for going this year is a nice little compact digital camera. I found my phone was ok, but didn't like the hot weather and was always kinda fogged up
Old 13 Mar 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

We are going to try Chef art smith homecoming this year for a change after doing RR on our two previous trips. Maybe worth checking out, as it gets great reviews.

Kat
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

we've decided to try out Wolfgang Pucks bar and grill at least we know there will be something for everyone

looking into maybe getting this camera for holidays; i'd like a camera instead of using my phone every time

does anyone have any good reccomendations for a camera preferably under £200 or around the £200 mark?
Old 21 Mar 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

so, i need a few ideas on outfits for our LG... she's so slim and has no hips/bum! she's 8 and it's so hard to find clothes to fit her so i have to make her leggings in particular. wondering what everyone's little ones wear over in the sunny side of Florida
Old 12 Apr 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

so, we said we weren't going to do MNSSHP this time around...

well my finger just slipped and now we're doing the 1st October, haha! oops!

that means i can get my sewing on as this year the kids actually know we're going. DD wants to go as finding dory, DS wants to go as Jack Sparrow, OH hasn't decided his attire yet but i'm tempted to go us Ursula. not full bells and whistles mind you, just maybe a black dress with purple under, make some Ursula ears and black flatties. simple, comfortable and i won't be sweating my baps off either lol!

Old 6 May 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

so, this has been a fairly uneventful pre-trip report thus far, haha!

cannot believe that we are almost in the double figures. it's gone by so quickly. it's going to be september before we know it ... cannot wait!

been looking at a few vids on youtube of the upgrades Animal Kingdom lodge rooms and they look fab. the bathroom looks so much brighter! i'm liking the wooden flooring instead of carpet too. so much easier to keep clean i'd say. The new and improved safe size is fab too. the other safes are so tiny!

nothing exciting to report really, just thought i'd check in.

Oh! and about the camera situation; just upgraded my phone to one that has an awesome camera so problem solved, yay!
Old 21 May 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

so; choices of upgraded magicbands.

I'd chosen the ones our party wanted, go to have a look today and the ones me and DD want have been removed (or they're out of stock or whatever it is that's going on)

come back Vanellope and snacky magicband

*cries*