Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Mar 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

We are taking our silver cross when we go, dd will be 6. I don't expect her to be able to do the amount of walking that we will do, and as she has autism there's a chance that it could all get a bit much - so having the buggy there along with her ear defenders should really help. I'm a bit concerned we will be judged but I can deal with that if it means we will have a fab holiday!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Baby Trend Sit N Stand Tandem Pushchair:

Was worth its weight in gold the other year, my daughter was 4.5 yrs and son 6.6 years.

Which reminds me.. im going to get it on ebay soon as its no use to use now.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Smithy78
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We hired a double from Orlando stroller rentals when my kids were 6&4 then 7&5. They were perfect for late nights, avoiding crowds and for carrying our bags!
There will be the arguments that older kids shouldn’t need them, get them used to walking more etc but for me it made OUR holiday easier, more comfortable for the kids and it’s my money.
Have fun
Smithy78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

When we took dd at 4 we planned on buying one out there if she couldn’t handle the walking or hire one on the day if she was finding it tough,but she didn’t need one, I think because of the excitement of going to the next ride, activity or whatever she never thought about it. So it might be worth trying it without and see how they get on, if there isn’t a buggy to argue about they might not think about it. If you think you need one you could go to Walmart
Old 16 Mar 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Eden
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

At 7.5 and 5.5 I wouldn't worry about a double and get a heavy duty Baby Jogger that they can share when needed.
My daughter was 8 and my son 5 last time we went and neither used any sort of buggy, and we did a lot!
We had a buggy for our 2 year old who will be 4.5 this time.
We will still take a buggy for 'full' park days as its useful to carry stuff as well as for a sit down in the shade, but water park or 1/2 days I doubt we'll take it, we haven't used it since she was 3 and walks well and far.
2019 - Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
2024 - Clearwater/Orlando/Cheerleading Competition!
Eden is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by parkgirl View Post
I may be shot down for saying this but rather than having a stroller for older children due to all the walking-I would be lessening the days to make them not a tiring. Sounds like an over packed itinerary if it’s going to make them that tired.
This is what we do
Mine are currently 10/9/7/7
And have been walking round Disney since they were five mine hated pushchairs anyway
We just do half days
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DanniC
Excited about Disney

When we last went we bought a cheep buggy from Walmart... think it was about $30! It was honestly the best buggy I have ever had, we brought it back to Uk and my friends have used it for their little ones for holidays... my little one is 6 this time, going to try and do parks without a buggy but if he struggles, I will be off to get another one if he still fits... he’s very dainty. My boys struggle with the heat...
DanniC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by parkgirl View Post
I may be shot down for saying this but rather than having a stroller for older children due to all the walking-I would be lessening the days to make them not a tiring. Sounds like an over packed itinerary if it’s going to make them that tired.
This ^^

its a family holiday go at the pace of the slowest... take breaks, do AM or PM parks etc etc

imo its not a competition to 'do' everything

our daughter wouldnt get in a buggy from aged 3 ( we took one but she wouldnt use it so it left in the car) as in her words they are for babies.. she walked fine, occasionally getting a holiday shoulder ride

Edited at 09:25 AM.
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I also might get shot down for saying this😜

Every child is different and only the parent(s) can know what they need.
Some children will need/prefer a buggy, some wouldn’t entertain them at all no matter if you do a slower pace or half days. Don’t underestimate the heat and how it affects you.

All I’m saying is each to their own and at the end of day it’s a holiday for everybody.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
thingy003
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
I also might get shot down for saying this😜

Every child is different and only the parent(s) can know what they need.
Some children will need/prefer a buggy, some wouldn’t entertain them at all no matter if you do a slower pace or half days. Don’t underestimate the heat and how it affects you.

All I’m saying is each to their own and at the end of day it’s a holiday for everybody.
Agreed.
thingy003 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List