Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 6 Mar 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbubbley
Proud to wear my Ears

the discount was there, it went through without the discount - i cant prove it ever was...
pinkbubbley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbubbley
Proud to wear my Ears

exactly the same for me, have spent all day arguing the toss...looks like im just going to have to deal with it...angry at myself
pinkbubbley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

How do you get 20% discount? Is there a code?
Old 7 Mar 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
meva
Excited about Disney

I noticed when I was pricing up tickets on the app that the discount kept coming and going. I hope you manage to sort something, letters to CEOs can be useful.
It's their website that randomly applies the discount so that could be the thrust of your complaint.
A few years ago I had a similar issue with a Disneyland Paris Hotel, they didn't want to know until I emailed the CEO, it was then sorted in about 2 hours.
meva is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachie
Apprentice Imagineer

yes, discount dropped off for me too, several times.
Rachie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by philinmerthyr View Post
How do you get 20% discount? Is there a code?
You have to download the google trips app, then search for Orlando as a destination. A list of offers and discounts will appear for visiting Orlando. Click on the musements one. As you can see by the other posts, it’s hit and miss as to what you actually get!
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWAug19
I have Ears

I had exactly the same issue with them. They payment screen had the reduced price but they took the full amount.

You need to keep arguing the point (politely) and I finally asked for a full refund. They refused and I said that I would report it to the card issuer as an unauthorised payment at which point they refunded the 20%. It did take three weeks to get to that point.
WDWAug19 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes, literally anything you do on that screen it tries to drop the discount. Very cheeky. Managed to get it to go through after multiple attempts and emptying the basket each time. Hope you get something sorted.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
suntink
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I eventually got my 20% discount refunded into my account after emailing constantly to complain. They told me the discount only applies the 1st time you try to pay, after that it won’t allow the discount, which to me is utter rubbish. Everyone needs to argue the case to get the refund. It’s a fantastic saving but very stressful when they take the full amount.
suntink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Originally Posted by suntink View Post
I eventually got my 20% discount refunded into my account after emailing constantly to complain. They told me the discount only applies the 1st time you try to pay, after that it won’t allow the discount, which to me is utter rubbish. Everyone needs to argue the case to get the refund. It’s a fantastic saving but very stressful when they take the full amount.
Glad you got it sorted, their website was a complete pain if you tried to do anything on it, my payment kept failing as my credit card wasn’t sending an auth code, so every time I tried a different method it would drop the discount, or if I went back a page to check I’d got the right tickets, you had to be very alert to it, it nearly caught me out!

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List