Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Mar 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gav
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile May/September

A bit of a twist on the May/September question..
We were planning on booking up to go in September and have been watching prices, but with the announcement of SWGE it has got us thinking that we would give it a miss and wait until 2074 when the hype has calmed down.
We have now started thinking that going in early May and coming back before the Memorial Day holiday could be a plan.
There are a few issues, being:

1. We would miss the new Harry Potter ride - but all going well will be back yet again at some point
2. As above with the Mickey & Minnie ride at DHS - if it was to be open.

What do people think? Do you think stick to September and it will be fine?

I’m in the camp where I think Star Wars is going to be so huge that September will go from being a quiet time so being completely mobbed. By that, I mean all of the parks due to the extra foot fall.

Thanks!
Gav is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So I am doing both May and September this year. Personally I am a little gutted and a little excited about GE - go from one extreme to the other at the moment. The way I would look at it is how much would you want to do these two rides? Whenever you go they are going to be super busy but also they are going to be there next year. I'm going to see how busy things get before ruling them out in September but realistically I feel the Mickey & Minnie ride might be hell with DHS being so busy from GE so may have to skip. I can't change my holiday dates as also doing a cruise in September so just going to have to put up with it and going to use Touring Plans to help me - first time I've felt the need. I don't think anyone really knows what September is going to be like but it definitely wont be the sedate holiday I expected.
Old 18 Mar 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

As a non Star Wars fan I would jump at the chance to go in May instead and miss the crowds, we are going to miss the new Harry Potter ride by only a few days (fly back on the 10th!) but we have always found you end up missing one thing or another at any point of going and it always makes for a good excuse to go back.

We prefer the weather in May to September too.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Is it really going to take until 2074 to calm down?
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gav
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
Is it really going to take until 2074 to calm down?
That's probably a poor estimate. I reckon closer to 2083

Thanks for your input. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...
Gav is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List