Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 9 Jan 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

Mobile Santa’s Lapland

Anyone done Lapland through Santa’s Lapland? considering booking for December to take ds who will be 8 and probably his last year believing. Particularly interested to hear what the Santa meet is like, reading mixed reviews and don’t want to go all that way and pay that much to have a naff Santa! Been to Lapland UK in ascot last 2 years and as Santa has known information about him he’s completely believed in it all, concerned I’ll pay thousands for a lesser experience
Tesh11 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
laney1980
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I did a day trip to Lapland in December 2017. I took my 8 year old boy and 5 year old girl.
It was a brilliant day, lots of activities and seeing Santa in his house in the woods was great, however he knew their names but nothing more, only had a brief chat about being good and they got a small torch as a present. (Quite handy as it was dark)
The kids believe he is the real Santa due to the location.
The day was great and I’d do it again.
We went with Newmarket holidays to pajala, Sweden.
laney1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
laney1980
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

laney1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
LOUISEACAT
Proud to wear my Ears

We went with Santa's Lapland in December 2016 for 3 day trip my DD was 6. It was BRILLIANT! Extremely well organised, activities great, staff great. Loved the Santa day, lots of activities to do, but REALLY COLD -31 in the forest. Santa had her letter, which she was really impressed with. His cabin was in the middle of the forest and we were taken on a skidoo across a frozen lake and met by the elves.

The elves met us in the airport and the staff were teaching the kids warming up dances while we waited for luggage. Another Lapland trip arrived with our flight (Thomas Cook/TUI?) and they didn't have any of this.

We stayed in the cheaper cabins - very basic but warm. Couldn't see the point of staying in hotels when you spend no time there and they are still quite basic. Had to go to hotels for meals. Food ok but you are 200 miles inside the Arctic circle and it's difficult to get fresh food. Village very pretty and just a great atmosphere. Your son would probably like the extra activities you can do - which cost extra. Planning on going back December 2020 so DD will be 9. You must be prepared for the cold - it is like nothing else I have experienced. One of the best things I have ever done - pricey but worth it for us.
LOUISEACAT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
chids
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We did it this December. My two are 6&7. It was absolutely amazing. Santa's Lapland were spot on and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. My two were totally convinced. I never thought I'd enjoy a snow and cold holiday. We are sun worshipers, and I never thought a holiday could top Florida,but it did.

It's a lot of money, but you can't put a price on the memories you get. I'd go back in a heartbeat.
Old 10 Jan 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

Thanks for your comments, I'm really tempted to book now! Can I ask if santa gave a gift to your children or did you take one for him to give them? I read that some company's do that.
Old 10 Jan 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
chids
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Santa gave our children the gift. We did the 2 night 3 day trip and stayed in Saarisalka. If your budget allows I'd go for the 3 night 4 days.
Old 10 Jan 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thankyou! We have just booked, couldn’t justify the 3 night prices unfortunately so are doing the same 2night/3day.
Old 10 Jan 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
chids
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

You'll love it. Are you staying on Saarisalka?
Old 10 Jan 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Yes we are, in Santa’s hotel tunturi.