Notices

Old 9 Jan 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

I've done it! I've finally, and for the first time ever, booked a Disneyland Paris Meal plan! We plumped for the standard plan as we have already booked our meals in mostly buffet restaurants (and will use one credit at face value in Annette's). As i booked on the French site i was transferred to a lovely lady called Sophie in the French CRO who dutifully took my payment of 268 euros (approx £240).

Olivia will be really happy - she wasn't impressed about not having a proper hotel breakfast on our last few trips so this will make a nice start to our day (Happy Daughter = Happy Mum!). The plan will be to eat breakfast around 7.30am to give us time to eat before we hotfoot it over to the parks for EMT.

41 days to go...
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

To Paris or not to Paris.. that is the question!

This will be Olivia's 9th trip to DLP but we have never yet made it into Paris. We always say we will be then once we get inside the Disney bubble we just don't want to leave!

So could this be the first trip where we actually make the journey to see the city? I hope so!

As it's just Olivia and I going we haven't got the excuse of having a buggy or a 2 year to contend with. We by getting an earlier eurostar out and a later one home we are going to have almost 5 full days in the park so I really think we can spare a couple of hours!

I'm very familiar with the journey having done it on previous, child-free, trips. So I know where we need to change and where the platforms are but the only thing holding me back slightly is the safety aspect, my friend got pick-pocketed on the RER on one of our previous trips even though we both thought we'd taken all the steps to keep our belongings safe - we also encountered a lot of beggars coming through the trains that I know Olivia will be freaked out about. I don't know if that's reason enough not to go though?

I was planning to go early in the morning (after EMT) and be back by about 3pm. I don't think we'll book anything to do whilst we are there; just have a wander and take in the sights and the atmosphere (and maybe a crepe or two!).

Edited at 09:21 PM.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Hey HappyPanda
Your Meal plan booking is making me think whether we should do similar. I need to read more about it, like does it cover Wild West Show, where else can you eat...?
Also watching your Paris plans, not factored into our plans yet but maybe...
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Hey HappyPanda
Your Meal plan booking is making me think whether we should do similar. I need to read more about it, like does it cover Wild West Show, where else can you eat...?
Also watching your Paris plans, not factored into our plans yet but maybe...
We've just gone for the standard meal plan which covers a buffet meal and one soft drink at the below buffet restaurants:

La Cantina
Chuckwagon Cafe
La Grange
Plaza Gardens
Restaurant Des Stars
Agrabah Cafe

They can also be used at face value for meals in any other Disney restaurants. So we will probably use one in Annette's and then just pay the difference in cash.

There are higher levels of meal plan and the premium one would cover the cost of the WWS as well as the more expensive restaurants in the parks such as Auberge and Inventions.

I normally don't feel like the meal plan is a worth while investment but as my Daughter only really like to eat at the buffets it actually made perfect sense to us to do it this time.
Old 14 Jan 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Time is absolutely flying past - I can't believe that we're already two weeks into January!

Olivia and I have spent the last few days watching lots of DLP Vlogs; even though we've both been to DLP lots of times it's still exciting to watch other people's vlogs and see how other people tackle the parks! We've most recently been watching L&R Dreaming's Christmas trip - they were actually there for part of our visit so it was fun trying to spot us in the background (we didn't manage to!).

We've also been watching some of the P&P footage from last year - one thing that struck me is how nice it all looked in the sunshine! I'm a bit skeptical about how it's going to look in February but with that lovely weather we had forecast on a previous post I shouldn't need to worry too much...

... or should I? This is the current (highly inaccurate) forecast:

Errr, who ordered the rain?

Still plenty of time for it to change again, so I won't be digging out our waterproof trousers just yet!
Old 18 Jan 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

No, no, no... it's not allowed to rain!
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by kadypants View Post
No, no, no... it's not allowed to rain!
I know! We need to start doing a sun dance!
Old 19 Jan 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

That's right, this time next month we should have already arrived!

I've been watching all the videos being shared on Twitter (find me at @happypandauk) from today's opening of the Princess and Pirates season; it looks amazing and I can't wait to see it all for myself!
Old 25 Jan 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

So we're another week closer to our trip and the excitement levels in Chez Panda are increasing each day!

I thought as I'd started on previous updates I'd have a quick look at what the weather forecast is showing as..

Slightly less wet than last week's forecast but a chance of snow (seeing the beautiful pictures from DLP this week I wouldn't be averse to a *tiny* amount of snow!).

After the exciting news of the new character breakfast at Auberge this week I'm thinking of trying to add this on for one of days.. if I can convince Olivia to do it of course!
Old 28 Jan 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I've got a similar trip to yours coming up, but I'm way less experienced at DLP than you are. My one and only trip was in the year 2000! I think a lot has changed since then!

My daughter (also 11) will travel on the Eurostar (also indirect) staying for 4 nights (also February half term). We start our trip slightly earlier though as we are going Sunday 17th to Thursday 21st. We also have the standard dining plan, but it was the free one as it was included in the offer price for the hotel. Plus we're staying at cheyenne. I've been cramming in lots of you tube videos to try to get some tips. I like L&R dreaming but also have recently found So Helena and Martyn.

It's our first mother daughter only trip as DS is away skiing with the school and when he was in y7 they had a trip to DLP but this had changed so my DD won't get to go with the school. Any way that's how I justified it to myself!

Have fun on your trip. I'm not too keen on the idea of snow! But still, it would be better than lots of rain. I wrote umbrella on my packing list today! Thanks for the idea!

I'm getting really excited now for the trip.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List