Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 28 Dec 18, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Christmas is all packed up!

Yesterday I took down the Christmas tree and packed everything up. Today it has gone into the loft.

We go away on Saturday and I don’t want to come home to a Xmas tree and the decorations.

How long till your decorations come down?
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Yesterday I took down the Christmas tree and packed everything up. Today it has gone into the loft.

We go away on Saturday and I don’t want to come home to a Xmas tree and the decorations.

How long till your decorations come down?
Tomorrow
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
birdiesX4
Imagineer

2nd January for us. Like to go back to work with all decorations tidied up and starting a fresh
birdiesX4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

New Years Day for us.
Old 28 Dec 18, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
As a kid Christmas was awesome, a few weeks off school. Dark nights, everyone tree's and lights viable through the windows. Football on a morning, come back throw off our muddy clothes and get a shower and warm by the fire ready for the movies that would be coming on as it was dark.

Playing with new toys after father christmas came, new caseys (footballs), new tops, and if you were lucky new keepers gloves. Then the same through new year. Having family round, then going outside for 12 to bring in the new year. Looking down our street and walking to the wall to shake hands with the many other men and sons stood outside bringing in the new year to their homes. Passing about coal so we all had some, passing about silver coins, and breaking open loafs of bread. Then knocking and going in. (i also had to do this at a few other houses where women were single or had lost their husbands etc and of course i didnt mind this because there were two stunners on our street who would invite me in then id get a new years kiss and ahem... more as i got older haha )

Now as a adult, i see friends and family taking down the christmas decorations a few days after the day and boxing it all up and tidying up. They have kids and i think to myself whats the point? Why go to all the trouble of spending a huge amount to close Christmas down a day after?

Dont get me wrong i understand situations like the opening posters, youre going away dont want to come back to it.

But loads of people are not going away and do it. Sad times. Christmas is more than a day!
Old 28 Dec 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Mrs MH usually takes everything down on Boxing day but took it down yesterday. We put ours up in mid November thisnyear to save doing it when we returned from Florida in mid December so it's nice to have the living room clear again.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Ours will be staying up until the 5th. We like to leave it up as long as possible and we are working on the 6th.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Just took the tree down this morning (we only have a tree).
Often we take it down on Boxing Day, so a little late this year.
Love getting the house back to normal.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

It makes me laugh that some put them up beginning of December but take them down just after!
It's not just for the lead up but the 12 days after.

Mine will come down before I go back to work on Wednesday
Old 28 Dec 18, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

January 2nd.
Like to keep decorations and tree up for New Years Eve and can't be bothered on New Years Day so always the day after.
Every year we blow up the same number of balloons, tie a knot in the end. We number them and do a sweep on NYE, somebody will win £20 if it's their balloon but they have to burst it at midnight to get the note.
Started in the 1960s with a ten bob note.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List