Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jan 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Not me but my sister in law was in the wave pool at TL. She didn’t realise that it did what it did and as the boom set the wave off she panicked started to run away, got knocked over by the wave, dragged 30ft then popped up spluttering with her sunglasses washed off, her gel toe nails scrapped off and her boob hanging out of her bikini top! 😂😂 now that was really funny. We’ve been dinning our on that story for years! Especially since it was my DH (her brother) who decided not to tell her there was a giant wave and persuaded her to go in!

Just to add she also loves telling the story!

Kat

Edited at 11:00 PM.
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

When we were in Hollywood Studios, about to get a photo pass picture in front of ToT, the CM held one finger up (to say ‘hold on one second’) and my husband put his up in return. He thought she was telling him to pose like it now, in every ride photo we pose like it.

It has taken me so long to write this because it kept reminding me of it and making me laugh
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
thepricefamily
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

A couple of years ago DS & I were having a cheeky half term week at CBR, on our first morning he jumped on the bus first & I followed but tripped on the step & landed flat on the bus floor at the foot of the driver! DS who was 12 just carried on and sat down at the back of the bus pretending he didn’t know me, whilst a lovely American man helped me up with me saying “I’m fine” but dying a little inside!
On the same holiday I tripped getting out of the vehicle on Test Track & ended up on the floor there too! DS walked off again!
HRH Club Level & AKL Savannah Club Level 2020
thepricefamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Junogirl1
VIP Dibber

Junogirl1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
In Typhoon Lagoon one year, we were in the wave pool and a huge wave comes and knocks my mother over. She grabs onto the nearest thing to keep balance, but she got pulled under the water anyway. She popped back up with a scraped bum and thighs and so did the nearest thing she grabbed onto. Turns out it wasn’t a ‘thing’ at all. It was a man. She’d only grabbed onto his dreadlocks and pulled him down under the water too!
He was totally cool about it though.

Edited at 11:22 PM.
Junogirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thank you for this thread !

I am crying 😂😂
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Mobile

As for mine, I was in Universal and was running the the Spiderman fastpass machine. I tripped over a little curb and went flying. Scrapped the skin off my palms and knees. Universal were very good. Flew home the next day, slept then went to A &E as the USA hospital didn't have my x-ray results before I flew home. Three inch crack in my fractured elbow ☹
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Not me but my sister in law was in the wave pool at TL. She didn’t realise that it did what it did and as the boom set the wave off she panicked started to run away, got knocked over by the wave, dragged 30ft then popped up spluttering with her sunglasses washed off, her gel toe nails scrapped off and her boob hanging out of her bikini top! 😂😂 now that was really funny. We’ve been dinning our on that story for years! Especially since it was my DH (her brother) who decided not to tell her there was a giant wave and persuaded her to go in!

Just to add she also loves telling the story!

Kat
I also had an experience in Typhoon Lagoon wave pool
I was happily enjoying the waves and when then stopped I stood up and started walking out of the pool when I noticed DH in hysterics
The top half of my swimming costume had ended up around my waist
Quickly ducked under the water to readjust
That swimsuit got dumped soon after
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Also wave pool in Typhoon Lagoon - my DS convinced me to get closer to the deep part. I got knocked over by the wave and when I spluttered up to the surface I thought it was odd that everything was so blurry - realised I lost my glasses. I have really poor eyesight (-8) so can hardly function without them so panic set in. My DS (11 then) dived under and would you know it he found them. I think I never loved him so much as in that moment. And they were unscratched!
From then on I always:
Bring a spare pair of glasses
Tie a sportsband to my main pair so I dont loose them
Tigger71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Some of these are hilarious, really cheered me up 😂
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

Erm... Removed my shorts in MK in front of Cruella De Ville!

In my defence it was raining, so had put on my poncho which had been dried on the balcony the previous day then folded up and put into the rucksack. What I didn't know was that one (or more) of those giant black wasps was folded up in the poncho and wasn't overly impressed when I disturbed it putting the poncho on. It proceeded to sting me, lots, so I just dropped my shorts as I was convinced it was in my shorts! Thankfully it flew off and the poncho covered my nether regions so full nudity was narrowly avoided.

Blooming well hurt a lot mind and turns out I was allergic to the stings! Ah, t'was a fun holiday.
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List