Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 8 Jan 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Old Navy for clothes; some of their discount sale items can be had for peanuts.
Part of the same group as Banana Republic (most expensive of their brands) & Gap (middle price range brand); Old Navy is their cheapest brand but can be good for basics; T’s, sweatshirts, shorts, cardigans, casual trousers etc.

As others mention, trawl the sales racks of regular stores of the brands you like; I picked up a $200 beautiful crepe dress in Banana Republic that had been discounted to $110, then $70, then $35; I was delighted with that price but at the till the cashier said it was on final clearance at $12.99!

Nordstrom Rack is also worth a look; discount/outlet store of the Nordstrom department stores which stocks more higher end brands similar to Bloomingdales & Saks 5th Avenue.

Edited at 11:11 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
I’m so glad you said this ! I’m exactly the same but was ashamed to admit it. I go shopping most days when I’m there and always find bargains or just stuff that I don’t see at home.
Lol I am the same I am in the shops most days. Sad as it sounds my heart is so happy when I am in marshalls and Wal-Mart lol the home stuff in marshalls gets me so excited, my husband just doesn't understand it. We were in new york in November and I actually left him in the room asleep and got the bus out of the city to marshalls it was the biggest one I've ever been in. It made my day lol x
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Most of my wardrobe is from Dressbarn! I know some think it’s frumpy, but I find the clothes great quality and sensibly priced. I definitely don’t think I look a frump!
I also look on you tube and follow certain people for make up and crafting ideas. Then I look up the products to add to my shopping lists!
And go in every dollar tree we come across! It’s anazong what you can find in these places that you just don’t realise you needed! Lol!
Old 9 Jan 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
Most of my wardrobe is from Dressbarn! I know some think it’s frumpy, but I find the clothes great quality and sensibly priced. I definitely don’t think I look a frump!
I also look on you tube and follow certain people for make up and crafting ideas. Then I look up the products to add to my shopping lists!
And go in every dollar tree we come across! It’s anazong what you can find in these places that you just don’t realise you needed! Lol!
Those tops you buy from DB are lovely, they never crease, the colours don't fade and they are a good fit. i don't think you've ever found a shop here that sells better clothes for you.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
princess lil
Imagineer

princess lil's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Wilson's leathers, got a few of their jackets 💛
Old 9 Jan 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
68nic
Imagineer

If you have daughters they will prob love Guess store at the outlets. Sell alot more things than over here at our outlets. Also like others have said ... B&BW, Michael Kors , Sephora and Yankee Candle .
Old 11 Jan 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
thefergies
Apprentice Imagineer

Ghirardellis in Disney springs - just walk in a circle and see how long it takes the lady handing out free samples to recognise you - and the lindt shop at premium outlets I drive. Kohls up at Clermont is huge and usually empty in the evenings. Ulta for my daughter. Son likes American eagle.
thefergies is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Ash
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dreamisawish View Post
Hey! I’m heading to Florida in the next month and I’m trying to get a list together of shops we should visit. We are two young women so cosmetic shops, clothes shops etc- really anything we don’t have in the U.K., or is significantly cheaper in Florida would help. Or anything really impressive

I haven’t yet decided if we will make the trip to the Florida mall, or just shop Disney springs, but all suggestions are welcome and I’ll figure out the logistics later!

So far we’ve decided we want to visit Sephora, bath and body works and Barnes and noble- but those three are the only big US shop names I really know or am remembering at this moment in time, so all suggestions are welcome!
I love the former Disney Market Place but as a US resident I find the rest of Disney Springs to be extremely over hyped and over priced.

I would suggest you also check out Target, Kohls, JCP, Yankee Candle.
Old 19 Jan 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Beach Bunny
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
I’d also echo Mick’s point about department stores - sale rails in JC Penny, Macy’s, Kohl’s all excellent bargains.
If houseware is your thing, Crate & Barrel or Williams Sonoma are worth a visit. For candles Yankee Candles. I’m sure more will come to mind...
Posiesmum can I please ask where Crate and Barrel is now? When we visited 4 years ago there was one in the Mall at Millenia but when I went on the MAM website it no longer listed it as a store?

Its my fav go-to store whenever we ae in the US - please tell me there is still one in Orlando!
Beach Bunny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Sadly it looks like the nearest is now Tampa, shame.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List