Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 29 Jan 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
Thanks everyone for your assistance after consulting with the kids and showing them the various resorts on you tube we have successfully booked
9 nights at SSR in a studio prefferred view - how do I go about requesting The Springs and when should I do that?

5 nights in a one bed at Beach Club - any hints on the best views/ rooms etc.

Kids are very excited!
Most who have a Preferred location opt for Congress so you shouldn't have any problems getting the Springs.
Did you get Member Services to put a note on your booking?

If not give them a bell and they can do that for you.

Have you had a look at Touring Plans and checked the various blocks and views from the rooms? If you haven't let me know and I will send you the link.

I see you arrive the day after us albeit we fly on the Saturday but are in a Value for 1 night as usual

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

May I suggest use the chat feature for contacting member services. It beats email as it is instant. It beats telephone as when it is done you can request a copy so you have a written record. I use it every time now.
Old 29 Jan 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Good speech by YT. However bear in mind all requests are just that. Nothing guaranteed.

When you do online check in via MDE you can select from 2 x drop down menus that will put you in the area you want and upper/lower floor etc etc.

The function was disabled for ages but it's back now as I checked on Sunday.

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Are your children strong swimmers ? We found the pool at Beach Club was too much for ours when they were very little. It’s beautiful but there are lots of currents abd whirlpools. There is a quieter beach ares as well. Just something to be aware of. It is a lovely resort.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Are your children strong swimmers ? We found the pool at Beach Club was too much for ours when they were very little. It’s beautiful but there are lots of currents abd whirlpools. There is a quieter beach ares as well. Just something to be aware of. It is a lovely resort.

Thanks Bev, they are pretty good swimmers for their age as eldest has had lessons since he was 3 years old and little one even younger. To be honest they would never be in there on their own anyway, my husband and myself would always be there with them none of us are great at Sunbathing and I'm a lovely shade of milk bottle white no matter what I do so I don't see the point :-) youngest absolutely loved the raging rapids at aquatica more than anyone else.
skstorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Most who have a Preferred location opt for Congress so you shouldn't have any problems getting the Springs.
Did you get Member Services to put a note on your booking?

If not give them a bell and they can do that for you.

Have you had a look at Touring Plans and checked the various blocks and views from the rooms? If you haven't let me know and I will send you the link.

I see you arrive the day after us albeit we fly on the Saturday but are in a Value for 1 night as usual
I did find a website that showed you room views from beach club but i dont think it was touring plans so if you have a link, that would be great
skstorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 19, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
I use this one. It's not the fastest to load in the world but you can click on a building then select which floor and which room.

Not every room has the view shown but if not it shows you a similar room and view maybe a floor above or below etc.

touringplans/hotel_maps/...view%5D=a ny#

Old 30 Jan 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
Thanks Bev, they are pretty good swimmers for their age as eldest has had lessons since he was 3 years old and little one even younger. To be honest they would never be in there on their own anyway, my husband and myself would always be there with them none of us are great at Sunbathing and I'm a lovely shade of milk bottle white no matter what I do so I don't see the point :-) youngest absolutely loved the raging rapids at aquatica more than anyone else.
That’s good (though I would repeat my earlier comment of checking out the Yacht Club side which is enclosed and sandy, wonderful for little ones).

What we didn’t like as much at the Beach Club was the slide arrangement - it is hard to describe but you have to leave the pool complex (crossing the walkway everyone and his dog uses) to access the stairs. What this meant in reality was DH or I had to stick to ours when they were little when they wanted to do that. From the main pool at SSR we could supervise from the pool (which was easier!)
Old 30 Jan 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
That’s good (though I would repeat my earlier comment of checking out the Yacht Club side which is enclosed and sandy, wonderful for little ones).

What we didn’t like as much at the Beach Club was the slide arrangement - it is hard to describe but you have to leave the pool complex (crossing the walkway everyone and his dog uses) to access the stairs. What this meant in reality was DH or I had to stick to ours when they were little when they wanted to do that. From the main pool at SSR we could supervise from the pool (which was easier!)
Yes I can see that being a pain in the butt, We love saratoga especially the main pool. I've always said that I would be rally happy if that was the only place we could stay. We had several conversations this time of shall we just stay at SSR for the whole trip as not sure we want to move.
Old 1 Feb 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ploppy
Imagineer

How old are your children? I do love Beach Club but much prefer Boardwalk. All I would say is the Beach Club/Yacht Club pool complex is great but I think much better for older kids. It’s so big that the children can only really stay in a small area so you can keep an eye on them plus the slide is a real pain as someone always has to go with them. My children are currently 4, 3 and 1 and the older 2 are very good swimmers (they’ve all had lessons since 3 months old) but maybe your children are older so not as much of a problem. We own at Boardwalk so that would always be my preference anyway, maybe we will stay at Beach Club again but probably not until the children are much older and can be more independent in the pool and slide.

One thing I do like about Grand Floridian is the splash zone for younger children - mine loved it

Villa - '84, '85, '86, '91, '92, '93, '97, '04
West coast - '87, '89, '94, '98, '01, '10, '14
Onsite - '95, '99, '00, '02, '03, '05, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, ‘18
Disney cruise - Wonder May '11, Fantasy NY 2011/12, Magic NY 2012/13, Dream Sept '16
Princess Ploppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List