Old 4 Feb 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Jules32 View Post
great read, you give me hope for our fast passes this August
If you are staying on site - go in at your last fast pass day and work backwards.

I also booked Navi journey for days when FoP was available, more were released before we went so it became easy to just swap out one for the other.

Even if you don't get a FP it is well worth the effort of a park opening and going through the standby queue(Except on a EMH morning)

Happy planning for August

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great report x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
A lie in!
I resisted the urge to watch the FoP POV vid, I’ll save it for after we finally ride the thing, you are really bigging it up though. I have high expectations for sure after reading all you Dibbers positivity
Sorry about that

Should I add a warning to anyone who has not yet enjoyed?

Your high expectation will be surpassed massively - I am so pleased we got to ride it and more than anything else I would have queued too. It really is that good

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

Edited at 04:28 PM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 05:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Lovely day and watching the FOP video made me realise just how good the ride is.
Old 6 Feb 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What a fab day (and trip so far). Thanks so much for sharing.
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Totally agree and will second the aforementioned health and safety warning! We have only ever been to WDW during summer holidays, my kids are now better than divining rods at locating the water fountains. They even manage to spot the ones that have condensation on (meaning the water is lovely and cold). They always stop at them for a drink.

Another fab day. The test track experience is funny, you're right to not take it too seriously. In the past I've thought that some visitors to WDW who have English as a 2nd language may speak more English than they claim to. It must be very frustrating for the poor cast members who are trying to sort everything out efficiently and not let people get away with queue jumping.

We also shrugged off illuminations today and didn't bother watching, we'd had the morning at MK and then off to Yachtsman for dinner and we were just too stuffed so walked on through to catch the bus back ahead of the crowds. I really wished we'd stayed though as later in our trip on the planned illuminations night it was tipping down and so it kept getting delayed. I'm going to make it a priority to watch it this summer as many times as possible!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 02:43 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by DadToThree View Post
A successful day I'd say! Lots of great rides done.

Great photo of you all in front of the tree in AK.
Thank you

AK has become a place of total enjoyment, Flight of Passage -even in the vid above - needs to be experienced in person to simply enjoy the smells,sound and then the 3D visuals.

Always a good day in WDW it's all of the other in between that get in the way

Old 10 Feb 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Lovely day and watching the FOP video made me realise just how good the ride is.
Even the video does not fully do justice to the whole experience- the smells ,the water spray , the breathing banshee as you are sat down. It is quite simply an amazing ride. Just glad we managed to fast pass it plenty of times during our on site stay

Old 10 Feb 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Totally agree and will second the aforementioned health and safety warning! We have only ever been to WDW during summer holidays, my kids are now better than divining rods at locating the water fountains. They even manage to spot the ones that have condensation on (meaning the water is lovely and cold). They always stop at them for a drink.

Another fab day. The test track experience is funny, you're right to not take it too seriously. In the past I've thought that some visitors to WDW who have English as a 2nd language may speak more English than they claim to. It must be very frustrating for the poor cast members who are trying to sort everything out efficiently and not let people get away with queue jumping.

We also shrugged off illuminations today and didn't bother watching, we'd had the morning at MK and then off to Yachtsman for dinner and we were just too stuffed so walked on through to catch the bus back ahead of the crowds. I really wished we'd stayed though as later in our trip on the planned illuminations night it was tipping down and so it kept getting delayed. I'm going to make it a priority to watch it this summer as many times as possible!

Illuminations is really strange like that - you can just leave it and come back another night, will be reading your report with interest to share of the rainy nights, so frustrating in summer!

I think this summer is a great time to have a chance to say goodbye, never had that opportunity with Wishes nor with Spectromagic, they vanished without this opportunity.

I would also add I think in an upcoming day I have a review of Illuminations as it appears now - does not make for good reading as the show itself is quite literally a show of what it was just a few years ago.

Off top read up on your experience of the Yachtman's steakhouse as it is on my list for the summer

Thanks for reading on again in detail and for enjoying my H&S warning

Old 10 Feb 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by KittyBlackDog View Post
Wow! Long lie in! Well deserved and needed I expect.

Got to love those FOP fp’s In fact, great rides chosen all round today 👍🏻

It was great to see you both, even briefly, to say thank you for your inspiration for our holiday and to hear in person how yours was panning out.

Sorry the Italian wasn’t as you’d hoped 😕

An early finish for you but another moving day ahead, hope it was a good one and looking forward to reading more, as always 😁

Oh and I’m sure you have said more than once this week ‘Sivako’ as I’m sure you have and will!

Kbd

Thank you x
Never think of any of all of this stuff I type as inspiring the holiday of others, having met in the Calli Grill I know how much you read on here and how much you use all of the fab advice on The Dibb.

As for Sivako, I'm adopting it with added words for work

Will add again it was great to see you on that day and with more meets in the holiday I am sure you will feature in many more days that follow