Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 28 Feb 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Safyre
Very Serious Dibber

The Haunting Sequel - Day 10 - Boardwalk to Epcot

Day 10 – Saturday

Managed to wake before the alarm today. We had coffee in the room, I had mine with white chocolate and raspberry creamer. I miss the creamers you get in the USA, they’re so good!

Dave had a headache , so we had a chilled morning. We went over to the main pool at Ole Man River. From our room, the lobby and main pool were only a few minutes walk.

The pool area was super crowded, noisy and we preferred the quiet pool, so packed up and went there instead. It was only a 2 minute walk away from the main pool, but had barely half a dozen people at it. We went straight in the water, and chilled so much we didn’t want to get out.

We finally got ourselves moving, and finally left the hotel about 4pm.
We were heading for the Boardwalk for some reason. We had to get a bus to Hollywood Studios and then a boat from there, which did take a bit of time.

We had a 15 minute wait for the bus, and it was standing room only when we got on.

We found the boat dock at HS, and I sat down while we waited for a boat, and watched the ducks swimming around the dock. There were signs saying not to feed the ducks, but that didn’t seem to be much of a deterrent.

The boat was very pleasant, but busy. By the time we got to Boardwalk we were desperate for a drink.

We fancied a cake at the Boardwalk Bakery and chose key lime pies. The staff there were not happy bunnies. All of them were scowling. I asked for a straw for our drinks and they almost threw them at me. We noticed they had the refill machines had we brought our resort mugs.

We sat outside and discovered lots of what we were calling midges. We ate fast!

We walked from here into Epcot. The entry came in at the France Pavillion. It was a very short, pleasant walk, with a much shorter queue than the main entrance.

World Showcase was heaving, wall to wall. In fairness, it was a Saturday night, and Food and Wine was on. Lesson learned. We took the friendship boat across the lake. While we were waiting, we did a mobile order for our dinner at Electric Umbrella. It was very easy to do it, but when we got there, there was no queue so we needn’t have bothered.

I had a flat bread which was nice, but a little on the cold side. Dave had a burger. We both had pineapple slushies, brain freeze!

While we were there, I booked us a FP for Spaceship Earth, then snagged us one for Test Track. I did a little happy dance, as this was the one we hadn’t managed to get.

Spaceship Earth had a queue of 20 minutes, but we had FP, so no queue at all. It took our photos but we never saw them. We did get stuck for a little while in the dark where the little lights were all around us. It was actually lovely just sitting chilling together there.
When we got round to Test Track, the queue was 55 minutes, at about 9.30.

We made our car, mostly a compromise, sporty style with a hybrid, and purple with a white stripe.

We were the next group to load when the ride went tech. We decided just to wait, so probably stood about another 15 minutes.
When we did get on, our car came first for speed. Our total score at the end was 196 which we think was good?

We then played with the simulator of the car rally, which we weren’t very good at it. Then we looked at all the Chevys, which Dave loves. He likes to pretend that I would let him buy a big truck. Or that we could afford it. But it keeps him happy.

It was now 10.30 and the park was shut. We took our time walking out and enjoying the quiet park.
We had a bit of a wait for the bus, so I propped myself on a barrier while making some notes and not falling over.
We were suddenly very tired again!

Our video from today is here:
Old 11 Mar 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

What a nice day, the key lime pie looks good (midges aside!).
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List