Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 6 Mar 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
katieanna
Looking for my Ears

Florida Plan Feedback?

So, me (20) my boyfriend (20) and my parents (49, 54) are heading to Orlando this June and although me and my parents have been before my boyfriend has not. So, we want to try and fit everything in as best we can so he can experience everything in the park as well as having a few relaxing days. Bearing in mind we are there for a total of 16 full days. We have one of the 14 day Disney/universal tickets. Also we are staying off Disney property so I know we can only book fast passes 30 days in advance.

Below is the plan we have at the moment, things can be changed - only Disney days need to be set in place due to FastPasses. Would anyone have any advice on doing anything different, or any advice in general.

JUNE
Sun 2nd - Fly at 1pm (BST), arrive at 5.20pm (EST)
Mon 3rd - Pool day – Disney springs in the evening
Tues 4th - Universal
Wed 5th - Magic Kingdom
Thurs 6th - Animal Kingdom
Fri 7th -Volcano bay in the morning-afternoon. Universal park in the evening – international doughnut day! (voodoo doughnuts)
Sat 8th - Pool day (possibly a park in the evening)
Sun 9th - Epcot
Mon 10th - Hollywood studios
Tues 11th - Typhoon lagoon (park in the evening)
Wed 12th - FLEXIBLE - Whatever we feel
Thurs 13th - FLEXIBLE - Whatever we feel
Fri 14th - Blizzard beach (park in the evening)
Sat 15th - FLEXIBLE - Whatever we feel
Sun 16th - Pool (possibly a park in the evening)
Mon 17th - Universal
Tues 18th - Magic Kingdom
Wed 19th - Home

We’re going to fit some shopping into a pool day at too!

Thanks in advance for any feedback on this!

*edit*
As many people seem to be mentioning the high amount of pool days - my dad has recently had 2 knee replacements hence why we need to have rest days, as well there is only 3 actual pool days where we may go to a park at night, and 3 Waterpark days where we will definitely be going to a park in the evening. Also by universal I mean universal/IOA as we are flexible on this. Also as much as I would love to go to a park on the first day we want our final 2 days in universal and then magic kingdom - if we were to start the tickets on an earlier day than we have planned we would not be able to do this. Hope this clears the plan up a little more.

Edited at 07:54 PM.
katieanna is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Book fp for every single day - you may well change your plans and that just gives you options. Cancel them the night before if not using them.

Your first day is a pool day - might be worth hitting a park as you will be up early and so can get there early.

I would have another universal / ioa day personally.

Consider a throwaway booking at the campsite. Probably cost $60. But you will ger magic bands, free parking for 2 days and fp at 60 for those 2 days - you could use that to get fop and an emh somewhere.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 19, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

if you are not already tied to tickets, i would review your options as you are not going to get value out of 28 days worth of tickets.

You mention Universal twice... but no mention of Island of Adventure, also, plan an evening or late afternoon at City Walk too, ideally when you are at Uni.

Personally, i would be maybe dropping one of the Disney pools and if your on a 14 day ultimate, go play the crazy golf mid afternoon after i assume a hotel.villa pool day or go back to VB.

If you like the water parks - check out Disney H2O Glow Nights.

Realistically, you have at least 4x evening in Disney for the closing fireworks and shows etc, on these days, to save parking costs, depending where you are staying... you may decide to do a park from rope drop to lunch time getting 3x FP's in, heading back for pool time... meal etc.. then back out for 6pm for an evening.

Enjoy.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 19, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
RedFox
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Definitely have at least one extra day at Universal!
Also, getting to the parks half hour before opening is the best time saving tip ever.
October '02 - Hampton Lakes Villa October '04 - Quality Inn I-Drive October '06 - Virgin Villa @ Hampton lakes October '08 - Virgin Villa @ Davenport Lake August '14 - Dibb Villa @ Highlands Reserve May '19 - Disney Beach Club - no kids! September '22 - High Grove Villas
RedFox is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 19, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Personally I would have a park on the first day in the morning then a quieter afternoon and evening whilst you settle into the new time zone. Plus my excitement wouldn't allow me to have a pool day when disney is so nearby!
Charl_bb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldcoast
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
Book fp for every single day - you may well change your plans and that just gives you options. Cancel them the night before if not using them.
Is this a common practice? I wonder how many forget to cancel and what effect this has on the supply of fp
Goldcoast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldcoast View Post
Is this a common practice? I wonder how many forget to cancel and what effect this has on the supply of fp
it will have no effect on the number available as Disney trend analysis the number of booked FP's v the number of no shows to form a algorithm which will release x number of FP's which will manage the queue times to the expected levels to maximise the service.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 19, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post

You have got 6 out of 16 days as either pool or waterpark days. That seems quite a lot of lost park times, unless there is a particular reason you need more rest than average. I would also definitely not be doing a pool day on the first day, that is a day to hit the parks. Also would review some of your waterpark days as well, they are better visited Monday - Wednesday whereas you are going at the end of the week a couple of times.

Edited at 05:24 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

How are you going to show your boyfriend everything if you are going to have 6 pool days, that is nearly half of your holiday?
Old 7 Mar 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
katieanna
Looking for my Ears

Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post

Your first day is a pool day - might be worth hitting a park as you will be up early and so can get there early.

I would have another universal / ioa day personally.

Consider a throwaway booking at the campsite. Probably cost $60. But you will ger magic bands, free parking for 2 days and fp at 60 for those 2 days - you could use that to get fop and an emh somewhere.
I have posted an edit on my original post to clear things up and our reasons why for certain things
katieanna is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List