Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 9 Mar 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

1996 non expiration park hopper

We have one day left on a non-expiration park hopper ticket from 20 plus years ago. Can anyone give me an idea on the best way to exchange for a current valid day ticket? I imagine I will be able to do this at TTC but this means I won't be able to book any fastpass until we arrive in Florida, would there be any way to exchange in advance from the UK?

DH plans to use this one day pass to visit Galaxy's edge whilst I have the boys for a pool day. He plans to get there 3 hours before opening!

Villas at Grand Floridian 2014 Cabana Bay 2015 Animal Kingdom Villas 2016 Animal Kingdom Villas 2017 Cabana Bay & Saratoga Springs 2019 Saratoga Springs 2021
Emma & Lloyd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Emma & Lloyd View Post
We have one day left on a non-expiration park hopper ticket from 20 plus years ago. Can anyone give me an idea on the best way to exchange for a current valid day ticket? I imagine I will be able to do this at TTC but this means I won't be able to book any fastpass until we arrive in Florida, would there be any way to exchange in advance from the UK?

DH plans to use this one day pass to visit Galaxy's edge whilst I have the boys for a pool day. He plans to get there 3 hours before opening!
Well from what I’ve read about GE - there won’t be FP’s anyway at least for a while so waiting till you arrive to deal with it shouldn’t be a problem. By the way good luck to your husband, I think he’ll probably need it.😳
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks, his plan is to get 3 FPs for Epcot. He wants to ride Smugglers Run then get over to Epcot for the afternoon.
I'm going to enjoy the peace for the day!

Villas at Grand Floridian 2014 Cabana Bay 2015 Animal Kingdom Villas 2016 Animal Kingdom Villas 2017 Cabana Bay & Saratoga Springs 2019 Saratoga Springs 2021
Emma & Lloyd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachie
Apprentice Imagineer

We went to guest services at the park entrance and they changed the tickets for us
Not sure whether a Disney store in the UK could help though?

Edited at 02:00 PM.
Rachie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I had an really old ticket that had 1 day waterpark and 1 day themepark on it. We used the waterpark for a friend last summer and basically just took it to the ticket booth at Typhoon Lagoon. They let our friend in and then reissued the 1 day theme park ticket onto a different card.

If your DH takes the ticket to any guest services they should be able to reissue him with one that he can link to MDE and then make some FP selections for Epcot. You could try emailing Disney to see if there's anyway to do it before you get there.

Edited at 02:03 PM.
TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Em there is a ticket hotline, sorry can't remember the email but I basically had to scan the back of ours, they told how many days I had left but I'm fairly sure that we had to physically pick them up & then add to MDE but I'd call & ask
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahb161
Serious Dibber

Hi! We did this last year. We had 2 tickets from 1992 which each had a day left on them (they were actually my grandparents tickets!)

There was no way to exchange them before we went as Guest Services said that they were so old, there was no way of verifying them electronically (even though I sent photos of both sides of the ticket).

We went to the Will Call counter at MK (we could have gone to the Will Call at any park) and they were able to verify them and issue 2 brand new one day tickets. It was very quick and easy. The downside is that because you can’t do it until you get there, you can’t get any fast passes before hand. We quickly linked them up to MDE on the day though and managed to book some FPs.
sarahb161 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahb161
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Emma & Lloyd View Post
Thanks, his plan is to get 3 FPs for Epcot. He wants to ride Smugglers Run then get over to Epcot for the afternoon.
I'm going to enjoy the peace for the day!
Just to say - if he is hoping to get a hopper ticket to do both parks in one day, they didn’t allow us to do this, even though the 1992 ticket was a hopper. It was only exchangeable for a one day ticket to one park.
sarahb161 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sarahb161 View Post
Just to say - if he is hoping to get a hopper ticket to do both parks in one day, they didn’t allow us to do this, even though the 1992 ticket was a hopper. It was only exchangeable for a one day ticket to one park.
Thanks good to know. It may be a case of arriving three hours before park opening, queuing for 3-4 hours then leaving, as i doubt he'll be able to get FP for any rides in HS.
At least it will feel as if its free!

Old 10 Mar 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
LozSteelers
Very Serious Dibber

I did my 2002 tickets over the phone, they even added the converted ones to MDE for me so I could book fastpasses and mine did convert to hopper tickets, I still have the waterpark day left as we haven't used that yet. It's worth asking anyway.
LozSteelers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List