Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Mar 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post

We very often go for a week, less jet lag when you get home is a big bonus of that.

My ideal stay time is nine to ten days, after that, I can be a little homesick, lol.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Yes definitely. We did a week just Disney and wouldn't hesitate to do it again.
Old 11 Mar 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

100%. Just back from a week in Key West. Felt I was on holiday from the minute we arrived at the Hilton Garden at Heathrow.

Already booked a week for December and just waiting for flights to come up for March 7th 2020 to book another week.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
I'm thinking of doing a week in South Florida next February half term. Depends whether all my ducks align or not.
Old 11 Mar 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
CazB
Very Serious Dibber

CazB's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 11
If you have been before then a week is definitely worth it. Our trips tend to be a week at a time.

We prefer to stay onsite at Universal so we get to the parks there every day and we have been able to do a couple of Disney parks or other parks when we are there also.

Only downside is no rest days but we get to do everything that we want so if your option is between going for a week or not going at all, I would definitely opt for the week option.

2019 - Portofino
2023, 2024 - RPR
CazB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
bj4321
Proud to wear my Ears

Thumbs up Yes - do it!

We've been to Florida several times but it's getting harder and harder to fit a 2 week holiday in around everything else. As a result I've just booked for us (2A & 2DD 16 and 14) to go for a week over half term in October 2019.

I couldn't believe how reasonable it was, Ł2200 for flights, car hire and 2 bed condo in Floridays (we've stayed there before and happy with facilities/location etc). We're not planning on doing any parks and will do a mixture of self catering and eating out so I think it will be a very reasonable holiday indeed!

Book it and enjoy!
bj4321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

We often just go for a week when we do HHN. Feels like we're there much longer.
Old 12 Mar 19, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
aajp
Very Serious Dibber

I'd do the 7 days but my wife would be upset. She'd want to do the Disney stuff where as I would rather go to a beach such as Clearwater or nicer and stock up on lots of Ralph, A&F, Timberland shopping.
aajp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I did a week in 2011 and 8 days last year (longer trips in between) and I think as long as you understand there is no way you can do everything with children, I'd go for it. I think KSC is an amazing day, and depending on ages of children (may be mentioned throughout thread but I've just read the original post) I'd be tempted to just do Universal or pick a couple of WDW parka rather than all of them.
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Babiesmummy
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

We've booked Oct19 for 17nts doing Disney, Universal & cruise. Then booked a cheeky week away 24-31Dec flying to Miami for 3nts, then 4nts in Naples. There is more to Florida than Disney 😉
Babiesmummy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List