Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 11 Mar 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Best universal tickets for me? confused

Hi guys,

We are going to florida end of august and disney side is all sorted.

We have 2 little ones that will be all about disney but me an partner love universal so plan to go there too.

I was going to book a hotel for one night at Hard Rock for FOTL passes.

So i think we will be a universal 2 days... What ticket do i need?

I have no idea as we only usually get the 14 day one but its £1200 for 4 of us and it's just too much but i still want to go so badly

Any advice please? really appreciate it.

Thanks
Old 11 Mar 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
The current price which is discounted for the 2 park "park to park" is $269 for an adult and indeed child. Your saving is minimal compared to the UK tickets which would also allow for the water park and any returns you might want to do.

If it were me and it was only a one night stay I wouldn't stay in HRH. The RP tends to be cheaper and given the length of time you will be there the saving may be worth it.

On the other hand if it was a few days then I would take the HR as I prefer it!

Edited at 03:20 PM.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We felt the same cost wise, we are only planning 2 days too.

Someone mentioned on here that you can get day base passes. I think that means it’s one park per day only and you wouldn’t be able to use the Hogwarts Express.

We got 2 day base tickets from Undercover Tourist, there was an offer on where you get 2 days free. The tickets cost £674.64. Hope this helps.
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Originally Posted by 4fromsuffolk View Post
We felt the same cost wise, we are only planning 2 days too.

Someone mentioned on here that you can get day base passes. I think that means it’s one park per day only and you wouldn’t be able to use the Hogwarts Express.

We got 2 day base tickets from Undercover Tourist, there was an offer on where you get 2 days free. The tickets cost £674.64. Hope this helps.
The two days free is for visits prior to end June.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks guys,

I have 5 and 3 year old too so need 4 tickets.

Looks like i either have to bite the bullet and book the full works or not?

I have always wanted to stay onsite at universal so would really like to do that!
Old 11 Mar 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
The two days free is for visits prior to end June.
awww thats not good for us we go end of August!
Old 11 Mar 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We have Royal Pacific booked for 1 night, last time it was Hard Rock. Those express passes really make a difference.
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Had a quick look and this may help. If you have Tesco Clubcard points then you can convert them to hotels.com vouchers at 3x value. I can see your countdown but have not worked out when you are there so this is a bit random for August.

You can get one night at Hard Rock for £302 or at Royal Pacific for £267. So in theory if you had the clubcard points this would be £100 in points or £89 in points.

One other thing which may help. If you are going at the end of August ie after the 25th the crowd levels are down to moderate as the schools are back and Halloween nights have not started.

Edited at 03:32 PM.
Old 11 Mar 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
Had a quick look and this may help. If you have Tesco Clubcard points then you can convert them to hotels.com vouchers at 3x value. I can see your countdown but have not worked out when you are there so this is a bit random for August.

You can get one night at Hard Rock for £302 or at Royal Pacific for £267. So in theory if you had the clubcard points this would be £100 in points or £89 in points.
Thankyou so much for looking at that! I have £10 on my card but trying to use it as much as possible so at the moment its £30 off the room which is better than nothing.

It looks like i am just going to have to get the very expensive ticket options and try not to think about the cost! If only my youngest was a few months younger haha!
Old 11 Mar 19, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Originally Posted by merkat View Post
Thankyou so much for looking at that! I have £10 on my card but trying to use it as much as possible so at the moment its £30 off the room which is better than nothing.

It looks like i am just going to have to get the very expensive ticket options and try not to think about the cost! If only my youngest was a few months younger haha!
This may help.

If you sign up for an American Express Platinum Gold Credit Card and spend £2000 in the first 3 months you will get 20 000 points. given you have spend £2000 then its really 22 000 points. You can use this to get a room at Royal Pacific for £155 for the night or £180 for Hard Rock or £0 for Aventura.

However if when you join you then add your partner you get another 9000 points and they can get 22 000.

It really reduces the price of the hotel.

Of course always but always pay the card off in full. when you have the points just cancel the card.

If it were me and I knew I would be spending £4000 in the next 4 months (3 months for my card then staggered for one month for OH) then I would buy one night using points at Royal Pacific to get two days front of line passes and early entry and then later in the holiday a free night at the cheaper Universal hotel which gets two days early entry. The parks will be quieter in September and you will have mopped up the park first time around so its just a relaxing doing things again the next time round.

Edited at 03:56 PM.