Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Mar 19, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shelle View Post
Only UC with virgin gets you fast track security.
I flew Premium Economy with Virgin outwards last September and got fast track security. I didn't book with Virgin Holidays and get the V Room, I just booked the flights direct with Virgin Atlantic. I did question it when I was told at check in that I had it and was told that some people are just picked for it.

Edited at 11:33 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I flew Premium Economy with Virgin outwards last September and got fast track security. I didn't book with Virgin Holidays and get the V Room, I just booked the flights direct with Virgin Atlantic. I did question it when I was told at check in that I had it and was told that some people are just picked for it.
Interesting maybe that's new then as it's been a couple of years since we flew VA. Whenever we have flown virgin PE(from Manchester) we have always been told fast track was for UC only. We always found it strange as TUI and TC give it with PE but Virgin who are supposed to give RockStar Service don't!
shelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shelle View Post
Interesting maybe that's new then as it's been a couple of years since we flew VA. Whenever we have flown virgin PE(from Manchester) we have always been told fast track was for UC only. We always found it strange as TUI and TC give it with PE but Virgin who are supposed to give RockStar Service don't!
I think this is because of the airport Manchester is, they won’t give them the deal that they get in Gatwick for fastrack. Manchester is a real ‘nickel and dime’ rip off the customer place nowadays. It now costs me £7 more to have my car collected and returned due to all the rip off charges they’ve introduced on the parking drop off. I wish there was more competition around, it’s awful. I was in terminal 3 on Thursday and they terminal is a joke, no seating anywhere, a crappy expensive cafes etc (a Costa was my saviour but no seats). The security at Manchester is often hyper inefficient, re-screening huge amounts of bags (OK safety first but something seems off, I was watching the sheer numbers maybe their pre screen messaging is not good enough), pedantic about things such as pulling out the plastic bags you put toiletries in and making your rebag them if the plastic bag is not sealed shut. Nowhere else do I encounter this. I fly maybe 25 + times a year and it’s really stand out how slow it is there. At least they dropped the scam when they actually charged you £1 a plastic bag if you’d forgotten one! The fast track can also be a rip off, and is often longer than the standard lanes. I wasted money on that in February. Rant over.
Old 16 Mar 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I think this is because of the airport Manchester is, they won’t give them the deal that they get in Gatwick for fastrack. Manchester is a real ‘nickel and dime’ rip off the customer place nowadays. It now costs me £7 more to have my car collected and returned due to all the rip off charges they’ve introduced on the parking drop off. I wish there was more competition around, it’s awful. I was in terminal 3 on Thursday and they terminal is a joke, no seating anywhere, a crappy expensive cafes etc (a Costa was my saviour but no seats). The security at Manchester is often hyper inefficient, re-screening huge amounts of bags (OK safety first but something seems off, I was watching the sheer numbers maybe their pre screen messaging is not good enough), pedantic about things such as pulling out the plastic bags you put toiletries in and making your rebag them if the plastic bag is not sealed shut. Nowhere else do I encounter this. I fly maybe 25 + times a year and it’s really stand out how slow it is there. At least they dropped the scam when they actually charged you £1 a plastic bag if you’d forgotten one! The fast track can also be a rip off, and is often longer than the standard lanes. I wasted money on that in February. Rant over.
i
Yes, it was Gatwick that I flew from.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

Is this only with V room at Gatwick? I have v room in Manchester this May and although I know fast track can soometimes be just as long I tend to always pay for it Incase we need to use it. If it’s included in V room saves me some money.
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Rbf1979
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I work at Gatwick and it sure does.
Rbf1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List