Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Mar 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile Budget- how much do you think?

This year things seem to have taken different turns than I expected.

In your opinion how much would you budget.

We are going for 3 weeks. Staying offsite. Do have breakfast included but won’t be using that every day. Will be at the Disney parks for at least 9 days so would expect we would eat in the park those days.
Will also have car so petrol and parking fees to consider.

Will be eating on I drive at night mostly apart from going to T. rex and rainforest cafe once each.

I have $1000 cash.
Rest is due to go on credit card and here in lies my problem. As we have moved house and haven’t ever had wardrobe etc we have bought those. What I don’t want to do is put too much credit on my card and not have enough left for everything we need on holiday.

I did think I had this all figured out but now I’m not too sure. Think I’m losing my marbles.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_chick13
Very Serious Dibber

disney_chick13's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

For reference we are 2 adults 2 kids (3 almost 4 and 17 months) taking £3000 for spending, but we are onsite with QSDP. On our 2017 trip (also onsite with QSDP) we took £1500 and ended up spending on a card as it just wasn’t enough for the 3 of us.
disney_chick13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Hi, we have just recently got back, 2 adults 1 child aged 9, we spent approx $30 a day on starbucks most mornings, about $60 for in park lunch/ snacks and about $30 offsite for tea. We sometimes had breakfast in hotel. So about $120 a day, for 3 of us.
Old 13 Mar 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

How many of you are there? Are you looking to do it as cheaply as possible or get an idea of what other people spend?
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkie1983
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We went for 3 weeks last year just me and DH, stayed offsite with a car but spent most of our time in the parks doing full days, so all food was from the parks on those days. We took $3000. We aren't big shoppers so most of that was food, petrol, parking etc.
Pinkie1983 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I think I'd plan on a decent breakfast every day , a snack lunch the days we were planning daytime at the parks and a dinner offsite afterwards ... when going to the parks later planning to stay til close an off site substantial lunch and a lighter dinner .
Of course if you are ropedrop til close people, this doesn't work.
How many is your $1000 feeding for three weeks ?
Just parking at 9 x $25 is a fair chunk of it.

Edited at 07:26 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
How many of you are there? Are you looking to do it as cheaply as possible or get an idea of what other people spend?
2 adults. Kids are 4 and 3.
Probably just to get an idea cos although I will be trying to watch spending and would like to do it cheap we are realistically not going to go for another 5 years after this and I wouldn’t want to think that we hadn’t done what we wanted cos we were budgeting so tightly.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I think I'd plan on a decent breakfast every day , a snack lunch the days we were planning daytime at the parks and a dinner offsite afterwards ... when going to the parks later planning to stay til close an off site substantial lunch and a lighter dinner .
Of course if you are ropedrop til close people, this doesn't work.
How many is your $1000 feeding for three weeks ?
Just parking at 9 x $25 is a fair chunk of it.
$1000 was just what I have in cash. I don’t like cash I tend to lose it a lot. I prefer to use a card. I’m more trying to factor how much I might spend on my credit card so that I can make sure I have the available credit when we go. Don’t want to have spent it all on doing the house and have no money for Disney.
Old 13 Mar 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Parking is a big expense so if you can budget for that before you go (maybe put said amount to one side so it doesn’t eat up your spends)
If you eat at places like Millers Ale House, Olive Garden etc it’s really cheap.
Eating in the parks is expensive, just ice creams mounts up (but a must lol) we tend to take snacks to the parks because my lot are always hungry but we always have an ice cream everyday.
Merchandise in the parks are very expensive, toys in Walmart etc are far cheaper.
So you can do it as cheap or as expensive as you want.
We have managed on £100 a day with 5 of us. Not including partaking as we put that to one side. However we don’t drink alcohol or pop for that matter so stick with water, we grab free water in the parks when we can.
X x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I thought i lost my credit card in USA and cancelled it on the App (card then turned up) i couldnt re-enable card on the app, so we had to make do with our Fairfx cards i had, i hadnt really planned on using them too much, but it worked out really well transferring cash when needed on to card, we also had other cards but not with great exchange rate like Halifax Clarity! Perhaps a currency card would suit you too? I managed to get mine on a groupon offer too, so got a few extra $$$$s!