Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Mar 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Zacknkeirasmum
Dancing with Tink'

Question Losing Children

Hi, I am pretty sure this won't happen as I've never lost them yet but the sheer size of the parks and the crowd levels etc are freaking me out! What systems do you put in place just in case you lose sight of your child in the parks? I am thinking of telling them don't panic, don't wander around trying to find us but go straight into the nearest shop and tell someone who works there that they are lost. They will probably need to have something on them that has our contact details on etc. What do you do? Do the parks operate systems etc? I am driving myself mad worrying xx
Zacknkeirasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

My older kids would be ok, we bought those wrist bands that contain phone numbers (from Little Life?), and I’ve told them to go to a shop and pointed out the CMs, with their badges on. The little one (aged 4), however, would just cry and cry until someone found her and handed her in Luckily, she’s pretty clingy and likes to use the backpack with the lead attached.
I believe that if the kids wear magic bands they can be found using Disney’s technology.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
xcited
Excited about Disney

I think Disney are well rehersed at lost children or lost parents. Tell your children to go to the nearest Disney cast member and they will be looked after. If your that worried take a photo of them each morning, so you've got a photo of what they are wearing, because you won't remember in a panic. I think you can get wristbands that you can put your contact details on. When we were there some families all wore the same outfits like Hawaiian shirts, that made then easily identifiable.
Old 14 Mar 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I remember reading you can get temporary tattoos with your phone number on. Some people like to put these on their arms in case they were to lose a bracelet.
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Do you really need to put your contact details on your kids? Surely you will notice that you have lost them? The just go to a cast member who will be able to tell you whether they have found your kids or not.

Edited at 01:07 PM.
Burgmeister is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

When ours were younger they were told to stay put and we would backtrack on our steps . Failing that if they couldn’t stand still to find a staff member. As they got older , when we first entered a park we all agreed a set meeting point so that if someone got lost they would make their way to this place and we would find them.
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
You don't say the ages of your children. Mine were 6 and 4 when we first went. I drilled into them that if they got lost they were to stay exactly where they were and we would re-trace our steps. They also knew how to identify CM's and to tell that they were lost. And I also told them to shout out for us as we would likely to still be close by and could see them even if they couldn't see us.

Given that I actually got left at TL by accident when I was a child I knew that CM's would be wonderful if my children got lost just as they were with me which reassured me. On the same trip I also got lost at Church Street Station (no longer exists). I asked what I thought was a member of staff for help but which turned out to be a mannequin and then decided to stay put. A few minutes later my family walked back past me without even noticing I had even been missing. I should say that my parents were not normally so neglectful!
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

We've lost DS on several occasions, 2 of them being at Disney. He has a few additional needs and is a wanderer, you really have to keep him close. Unfortunately he doesn't panic or particularly care but we do drum it in to him to stay close and always go to a member of staff if it happens.

At Blizzard beach they were fantastic. He was found in the lazy river 20minutes later.
At Animal Kingdom they weren't quite as good but we did find him only 5mins later.

He won't let us put a temporary tattoo on him or write on and use spray plaster though they'd be good options if you're concerned. Every park has a lost child point.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
yorkshireman
Earning More Ears

We lost our just turned 4 year old daughter at Hollywood Studios when we were entering the arena for the Fantastic show last May. As she always wanted to hold hands with her older cousin and we were in a big party we all presumed she was with her. Turns out whilst we stopped to get popcorn she was carried away with the crowd. I have never felt so much fear knowing we had lost her in god knows how many thousands of people in another country.

She was found at the found at the far end of the arena by a cast member after she had sat herself down to watch the show. She wasn't bothered we were not with her

Disney were brilliant in finding her and reassuring us in what was one of the most distressing situations we have been in as a parent. They had radio contact with every cast member in the arena who watched the exits. They do this day in day out and are total pros. They even put us in the vip viewing section for the show.

The best thing that helped us was the description of her and what clothes she had on. Magic bands would help but I don't think many cast members carry the equipment that can read these.
yorkshireman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

DH mislaid DS2 when he was about 6. DS2 knew they were going to POTC so walked there, queued and only told some one when DH was not waiting for him at the front of the queue. They were about to shut down the entrances when they were all reunited. WDW are great in such circumstances. Tell your kids to tell the nearest CM. Take a photo of them each morning so you can show staff what they look like and what they are currently wearing. I think the Mickey Band will be a great help.
WDW All Stars Movies 2001- 10th Anniversary
WDW Carribean Beach Resort 2006
WDW All Stars Music 2008
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List