Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Mar 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Minimanam
Apprentice Imagineer

Minimanam's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Insect Repellent?

Bit of a silly question but have never been in the summer before, is there a need for Insect Repellent while in Florida?

Both my DD and myself react quite badly to insect bites so just trying to plan ahead

TIA

Port Orleans Riverside

Art of Animation Suite

2016 - Art of Animation Suite

2019 - Beach Club Resort

Minimanam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Not a silly question at all. We've never used insect repellent nor have we been bitten by anything. But in saying that, we don't tend to go anywhere that the wee blighters are likely to be hiding out. I think if you were doing a trip to see the gators or down through the Everglades you'd probably be better with some. We don't veer far from the theme parks, malls, restaurants and the villa.
Old 15 Mar 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
I got bitten at one of the crazy golf/pirates cove places a few years ago, it was early evening and they have water features.
If you’re not near water late in the day, you should be fine. I’ve been many times and that was the only occasion that I got bitten
This trip we are going to the Everglades and the Keys, so the Jungle Formula Max will be in full use

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS

Edited at 03:01 PM.
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

I’ve been eaten alive a few times at WDW, last time we went I used insect repellent patches, got them from Amazon, they are little sticky circles you attach to your clothes, they worked for me and I’ve brought a new batch to take this time x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
k1971
Excited about Disney

I've been in June and July and I don't remember seeing many insects at all in WDW.
k1971 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Don't play golf at dusk you will Be bitten to death!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

We went in September once and got bitten a few times, went that trip down to the Keys and stopped at the Everglades on the way and was eaten alive. But been in June and August and not had a single bite (August was so hot think the blighters would have boiled)
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney2019
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Disney give out free repellant at guest services. I've never needed it in the parks. Different story at night at CBR though.
Disney2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi it seems some people get bitten others not. For us when we go we play golf so always take a bug spray with veit in it , quick spray before you play . Our daughter used to suffer bites when we went to places like typhoons lagoon or even the hotel pool area. So probably better taking something. Simple sprays or for the girls buy the coloured wrist or ankle bands

Edited at 07:22 PM.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Susu
VIP Dibber

Susu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DS and I both react to bites and seem to attract the insects too

However, I was prescribed peppermint oil capsules for a health problem a few years ago and didn’t get bitten. Now, we each take one a day now when we go away and it really helps. Apparently, whilst undetectable to us, the mosquitoes can smell it in your skin and don’t like it
Susu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List