Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Mar 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Fantasiax
Helping Donald

Originally Posted by Andi View Post
I am sorry to hear what has happened to your Grandson and hope this heals well without the need of surgery later on.
Thanks for your good wishes Andi. At the end of the day health is most important and I am thankful he is OK and doing Lego on handed!
Fantasiax is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Fantasiax you should also contact your airline to find out exactly what thier protocol is regarding casts as it can vary. They should be able to tell you if you need a fit to fly letter or not as well.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Fantasiax
Helping Donald

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Fantasiax you should also contact your airline to find out exactly what thier protocol is regarding casts as it can vary. They should be able to tell you if you need a fit to fly letter or not as well.
Good point bighal thanks. I have looked at BA website which has guidelines and a form so will have to wait and see what the x-ray shows. Have also had a look at cancelation policy for Disney. I am not sure if we could move the booking as not sure how that would work out.
Fantasiax is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

I used a limbo when I broke my arm - can thoroughly recommend

limboproducts/?gclid=E... AEgLmEfD_BwE

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

I've got no experience in this area thankfully, apart from the usual worrying that it might happen to us one day! Closest we've come so far was with flights booked New Years Eve. Baby born mid October. In our preliminary conversations about options, they said the pregnancy was apparently a "pre existing condition". We got to travel so fingers crossed for your party.

As well as those thinking poor kid for his physical suffering, I'll add sympathy for his mental state as he's also going to get a right ear bashing from the adults reminding him every 30 seconds to be careful.

Also when considering a waterproof cover, remember you might be dealing with sudden rain storms, so bear that in mind as well as things like showering/swimming. You might want something that's pretty much permanent.
Old 18 Mar 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Toff Princess
Getting Excited

Toff Princess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 21
You wont know till after the surgery but generally speaking I have travelled to wdw with someone with a broken arm and pins before years ago and it was ok they just had to tell the drs to loosten the cast (to allow for swelling in the plane) and they had a blast! There is still lots to do!
Old 18 Mar 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Toff Princess
Getting Excited

Toff Princess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Also Disney has fantastic first aid centers and emergency clinic! Al will be ok! Buy a waterproof cover!
Old 18 Mar 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
lesleyjane66
Excited about Disney

my daughter broke her arm four days before we went to Ibiza, both bones and they had to be pinned, the plastic bag contraption thing leaked and her pins got infected. it was hot and itchy too.
I presume most rides would be out of the question ?
If it was me with hindsight if its not too expensive I'd delay unless there are no pins
lesleyjane66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
You need to speak to both insurance companies in case the worst happens and you can't go. It may be that the other party have no recompense as they are not on your policy. Although you may be able to recover your part of the payment and pass it on to them to cover the whole cost
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Claire020877
Gone all Goofy

I broke my wrist while in Florida . It was a bad break and needed an operation to straighten and put a plate in - if they do that then a cast is not put on - it's put in a removable splint - the day after my op I had a fit to fly certificate. It can be done and there are lots of rides I still went on - just not the big ones. It's the waterparks that are the biggest pain as you can't go on anything there! Hope you get sorted out!

Claire
Claire020877 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List