Old 3 Oct 14, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Not another holiday... ! A relaxing trip to Barbados Day 9/trip home

Tues 9th Sept

We were getting lazier by the day and so we were even later to breakfast today (9.45) and then we decided that we needed a rest in the room.

We finally headed to beach but there were no sunbeds available so we went to the pool instead. We stayed for a few hours then got showered and changed. I’m sure we must also have popped into the lounge for some snacks cos this was part of our daily routine

We were going to walk to dinner but got a taxi...we made a mistake and told the guy the wrong place and then along the way realised we could have walked easily!

We had dinner at Mama Mia's again, Rob had another M E A T T T Y pizza and I had one with ham and mushroom.

We then both managed to get a slice of the chocolate fondant cake that Rob had wanted the other day. Of course we each added a scoop of ice cream as well. It was such good cake!

We walked the short distance back to the hotel where we got a quick drink in the lounge. We also got a cappuccino and some water for the room.

Wed 10th Sept into Thurs 11th Sept

Time to leave

We woke up this morning to discover a slight issue with the hotel bill. Rob popped to the front desk and it was quickly corrected and a new bill issued. We headed down to breakfast and then back to the room to pack

We had arranged for a late checkout so we relaxed in the room until 12. We checked out and paid our bill then left bags with bell services whilst we popped to the lounge for the last time.

We got a drink and a few more snacks whilst watching tv and Rob looked on the internet at parts for his motorbike of all things!

We collected our bags and got a taxi to the airport. We had booked premium economy for the return journey and were quickly checked in and through security.

We got some lunch and then did a little bit of shopping. We also completed a survey whilst we waited for the Barbados tourist board.
We actually boarded our flight slightly early and amazingly we took off before our scheduled time...

We got a better meal in premium economy, I had mushroom ravioli and Rob had beef. I watched a documentary about weddings (a photographer went back to visit people he had photographed to see what happened) and then tried to sleep. Unfortunately I struggled to get comfy but managed a little sleep.

Breakfast was offered at around 5am, I declined as I cannot eat a full English breakfast or an omelette at such an early hour!

We landed just after 6 and were at the gate at around 6.15, we walked about a million miles to passport control and thankfully there wasn’t a massive queue.

Rob used the e-gates but I went to a real person as I always struggle with the machine as I have to remove my glasses and cannot seem to get recognised!

We got to baggage reclaim and amazingly our bags were already on the belt! Quick visit to the facilities and we were onto the bus to the car park.

We headed home and experienced a little bit of traffic on the M25 but other than that it was smooth sailing and we arrived home just after 9.30
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 14, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It sounds like you both really enjoyed Barbados, thanks for sharing

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 14, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by orlandosgr8 View Post
It sounds like you both really enjoyed Barbados, thanks for sharing
We did... although shockingly we now have a new trip to a more familiar destination coming up...!
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Just read your report as we too are staying at the Hilton Barbados in October this year which we have just booked! Looking at hiring a car too! Can’t wait now. Did you enjoy the hotel as there are some unfavourable reviews on it 🙈
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Just read your report as we too are staying at the Hilton Barbados in October this year which we have just booked! Looking at hiring a car too! Can’t wait now. Did you enjoy the hotel as there are some unfavourable reviews on it 🙈
We really liked the hotel but it was 2014 so I guess a lot could have changed in almost 5 years. We stay at lots of Hilton properties though and haven’t really had any issues. In terms of location we liked it - close to restaurants etc and not far from Bridgetown (although we got lost driving there).
Old 24 Jan 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

We are doing a Caribbean cruise next year flying in and out of Barbados, have read awful things about the airport, doesn’t look too bad on your pics.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
We are doing a Caribbean cruise next year flying in and out of Barbados, have read awful things about the airport, doesn’t look too bad on your pics.
We really enjoyed Barbados, and it compared well to Nassau and Freeport which we have visited on a cruise trip. The airport was fine, we did have to walk from the aircraft to the terminal but it was warm and sunny so not a problem
Old 24 Jan 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
We really enjoyed Barbados, and it compared well to Nassau and Freeport which we have visited on a cruise trip. The airport was fine, we did have to walk from the aircraft to the terminal but it was warm and sunny so not a problem
Only just realised your trippie is a few years old. Off to read the rest.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
Only just realised your trippie is a few years old. Off to read the rest.
Yeah it was from 2014, would go back though 😀