Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Sep 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sweetchunks
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Abbysmum View Post
We dropped our daughter at Bangor today, so far she is the only one in her block in Halls but hoping more move in tomorrow!
Hope she’s settled in. Has she had anyone move into her block today?
sweetchunks is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbysmum
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sweetchunks View Post
Hope she’s settled in. Has she had anyone move into her block today?
Not yet, I thought today there would at least be someone. She seems ok at the moment but I may chat to the Halls office and see what's happening, surely they won't leave her alone?
Abbysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sweetchunks
Getting Excited

Yes I would, that’s not fair still being on her own. Maybe there has been some mix up with the allocation of rooms?
sweetchunks is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Biscaya
Excited about Disney

DD dropped of at Sheffield Hallam yesterday. Impressed with how organised the check in and unloading was. Her room although small as expected did have plenty of storage. She went out last night with some others on course and had a good time. Now to get used to a very quiet house 😢
Biscaya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Well Livs in and settled. Shes chuffed with her room much bigger than last time Lincoln had such a good feel about it and its fab to see her grinning from ear to ear x
Old 20 Sep 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

I think York May be the latest start date of them all?! We take my daughter on 28th. I am dreading it.
Old 21 Sep 20, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I think York May be the latest start date of them all?! We take my daughter on 28th. I am dreading it.
My daughter is about to start her 2nd year at the University of Lincoln.

She has been back there since 1st August (as she moved into a student house, but the term doesn't start until 12th October. It was originally meant to be 14th September but the university put it back a month quite early on in lockdown.

They are the latest university I know of so far.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
Well Livs in and settled. Shes chuffed with her room much bigger than last time Lincoln had such a good feel about it and its fab to see her grinning from ear to ear x
That's great news.

She is at BGU in Lincoln if I remember rightly?

My daughter is just about to start her 2nd year at the University of Lincoln.

She (and us) loved Lincoln from the moment we visited. The city has so much character with a lovely feel to it. Small and easy to get around with plenty of shops and restaurants.

My daughter loves it and feels at home there.

I hope you daughter settles in too.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
That's great news.

She is at BGU in Lincoln if I remember rightly?

My daughter is just about to start her 2nd year at the University of Lincoln.

She (and us) loved Lincoln from the moment we visited. The city has so much character with a lovely feel to it. Small and easy to get around with plenty of shops and restaurants.

My daughter loves it and feels at home there.

I hope you daughter settles in too.
Yes shes at BGU. She looked so happy yesterday and everyone at Uni was really friendly. Lincoln is a lovely city. She did moan when I made her walk up Steep Hill 🤣 Hope your daughter settles in well again x

Edited at 09:40 AM.
soooexcited! is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
pluto's friends
Earning More Ears

We're dropping DS at NTU this Friday. I'm dreading it. Good luck to all the students out there and to their parents.
pluto's friends is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List