Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Dec 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Winter of 2010 was the worst Fl (and we) had seen in circa 40 years. Iguana going into hibernation mode, falling off shrubs into canals and drowning. Copious amounts of dead fishing floating and stinking. I saw a photo of a frozen solid fountain in Cape Coral, some days temps were 3 degrees.

A tomato business covered all their crop with plastic to protect the fruit, good job? Well, it would've been had somebody remembered to turn off the ground sprinklers, the whole crop was destroyed.
Old 24 Dec 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

ChrisS you must be+finding this all very weird I know I am usually just home for 2/3 week now then back to Florida but not this year
Heck knows what our heating bill is going to be
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
ChrisS you must be+finding this all very weird I know I am usually just home for 2/3 week now then back to Florida but not this year
Heck knows what our heating bill is going to be
Yes, usually we'd have been on Bokeelia since early Nov until May Helen, but as you know my health and covid put paid to that. That said, and I know it'll sound odd, if I had to pick a year for my treatment, 2020 was it... killed two birds with one stone

We've had a fair amount of snowfall in our village today, luckily the sun is now out and the sky is blue, hopefully it'll melt but it's still 0 out there. We're forecast -4 tonight. As you say, we're both heading for a heafty gas bill this winter

Let's catch up soon Helen
Old 24 Dec 20, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Will do
We are actually talking of Christmas at the Villa 2021
I’m scunnered with the cold and damp here
We have a snow forecast for the weekend as well
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

It’s a high of 81 today so we will feel it tomorrow but we’ll have the oven on for the dinner so it won’t be too hot in the kitchen for a change 😃 Merry Christmas everyone x
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Florida appeal to me is hot hot hot days and warm evenings.
Couldnt be wearing jumpers there!😬😬
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by captain-codeye View Post
we have had many a christmas and new year in florida but that’s one of the coldest i have ever seen, would rather still be there though 😭

27 to 12 overnight that will be a shock, boxing day would have had to be moved, we should have been at discovery cove😕

ah still shorts and t shirt
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
Florida appeal to me is hot hot hot days and warm evenings.
Couldnt be wearing jumpers there!😬😬
Sadly one of our villa owner friends passed away a few years ago and several of us attended the funeral, everyone looked almost unrecognizable in coats and suits. Never thought of it before.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Just had an alert to say our heating has come on in the villa and it’s not=set up to come on unless it’s really cold as we’ve no guests in right now
Helen,

You might want to change the setting. Our house is still 21c at 8AM and I only turned the heat on for an hour last week. It definitely hasn't been cold enough to damage pipes etc. Xmas day tomorrow is forecast to be cold but sunny all day.
Old 24 Dec 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Ha ha Donna I’ve turned it down already Ian had forgotten to take our cancelled guests who were arriving today out so it had cut in back to AC on at 80/81 and heat at 60