Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Feb 21, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mkp1974 View Post
A lot would demand on the time of the year. We have to go in the summer holidays absolutely no chance of us going and wearing a mask.
We are currently still booked for June (and would go but looking unlikely) and for September - both we would do, given the opportunity! And I think I'd quite like the social distancing!
We did Rhodes in a heatwave last August and wore masks inside and out wherever there were people around and it was fine (we chose to wear masks even when not required for safety) Same in Cyprus in October. Wearing them on the planes was fine too
Everyone is different, we aren't all the same!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 21, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We're happy to wear them, we factored it into our booked trip for late September.
We'll be delighted to cool off if needed in a wine bar / lounge at regular intervals which is what we do anyway
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 04:31 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 21, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
I’m honestly amazed that anyone would want to go to Disney this year with the restrictions, reductions across activities/events and requirements to wear a mask outside. For a start the temperatures for a lot of the year are incredible, without added suffocation of wearing a mask. I’m not paying £10k+ for a sub standard holiday with added restrictions. I’ll go local or Europe this year at a fraction of the cost and go back in 2022, when hopefully normal duties resume.
We don't feel that it will be 'sub standard'. We've been many times and as an 'older' couple we don't need to rush around seeing and doing every ride etc, we stop to smell the roses (or drink a glass of wine) at regular intervals and are more than happy to go with masks, social distancing and pre travel testing.
If we were taking children, or going for the first time, it may be a different matter?
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 21, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

What I meant was 35°c heat and high humidity, sweating profusely, crowds, and little respite. No one has to put up with that in the UK no matter where you work.
Try telling my residents to turn down the heating when they are cold! Not going to happen! If i can cope in a care home i can cope in Disney!
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 21, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

I’m honestly amazed that anyone would want to go to Disney this year with the restrictions, reductions across activities/events and requirements to wear a mask outside. For a start the temperatures for a lot of the year are incredible, without added suffocation of wearing a mask. I’m not paying £10k+ for a sub standard holiday with added restrictions. I’ll go local or Europe this year at a fraction of the cost and go back in 2022, when hopefully normal duties resume.
I’ve looked at Europe for this year, and for our family of 5 it certainly isn’t a fraction of the cost! We’ve amended our holiday in Orlando this year to mostly villa, and will just do universal and skip Disney until next year.
Jet 2/ Tui med deals are coming between 7k- 9k so not cheaper at all!
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 21, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
It is what it is. If it means I can get away and have a change of scene and some sun then sign me up!

We wore masks in Dubai and it really wasn't as bad as it sounded, we just got on with it and it didn't impact our holiday at all. Quite often things sound worse than they actually are.
I thought masks were a deal breaker for you, didn't you say on your recent poll about masks that you wouldn't go if you had to wear one. What's prompted the about turn ?

We usually go in July / August and I know for me they would be a deal breaker. It's just so hot and humid over there and I can only imagine how uncomfortable it would be to wear a mask all day in the parks. Plus I'm thinking I'd need an endless supply of them as they're bound to become unusable with all the sweat.

Keeping everything crossed that they won't be a requirement by summer 2022

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

I’d happily wear one if I got to be in Disney.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadMummy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Us adults are fine with wearing masks if necessary, but i hope they lessen the restrictions on children. If it's still required that children wear masks come July (we go in November), we will push back. Then we just have the debate of til when as OH said March but I want May 😂
Old 13 Feb 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

No I wouldn’t go to Disney with masks. Don’t need anything else making me hot and sweaty and breathing all the awful air in the masks cos it’s your own germs really I wouldn’t like. Plus I can’t see the kids doing it anyway
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 21, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
I thought masks were a deal breaker for you, didn't you say on your recent poll about masks that you wouldn't go if you had to wear one. What's prompted the about turn ?

We usually go in July / August and I know for me they would be a deal breaker. It's just so hot and humid over there and I can only imagine how uncomfortable it would be to wear a mask all day in the parks. Plus I'm thinking I'd need an endless supply of them as they're bound to become unusable with all the sweat.

Keeping everything crossed that they won't be a requirement by summer 2022
I didn't think my 3 year old would wear one but I got a bunch of various kids ones and give her the choice of which one she wants to wear whenever we go out. She's been wearing them no problem so looks like masks won't be an issue for us (if we can actually get there of course!) We'll also spend more time at the water parks and pools so it's not like we'll be wearing them all day every day anyway.