Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Feb 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by welovemushu View Post
Definitely hire one first- layout every time for that side of things and then work out if you would be using or need a car to go see stuff while you’re away
We have a couple in our town who rent theirs out highpeakholidays.co.uk. If you are going to park up and not move the mh then no problem but we have tried both and prefer the freedom of having a car to go out .
Site choice becomes more important with a Motorhome as you need to be either on a bus route for the supermarket or take it all with you and walk or bus to the attractions nearby .
Pm me if you have any questions if you like - we run a caravan park so may be able to help with some site based questions.
Enjoy !
Jan
Hi Jan, wheres your park?
😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
welovemushu
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by enjibenji View Post
Hi Jan, wheres your park?
😊
Buxton Derbyshire x
Although it’s recently described in our house as ‘18 acres of flipping waste ground’
Not that we are fed up of lockdown at all ...
😁😁
You a caravanner or motor homer?
welovemushu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
welovemushu
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
So watching Brad and Barney has got me more certain that I would like to buy a Motorhome at some point

But I have never even been in one !

So would like to know what websites / books etc you would recommend to get ‘ genned up’ on them.

Looking for the practical side of stuff like what type / style to buy , what manufacturers are best, how do you manage for power / tv / showers / toilets/ cooking / sleeping / where to stay ( site or roadside )

Plus all the financials both in terms of buying costs , deprecation , running costs re fuel, energy , storage , insurance , site fees . Plus cost of kit that is essential and or potentially useful

And your personal experiences- biggest errors / regrets or things that you are so glad your van has or that you bought and use all the time etc plus where you go etc

Thanks for anything
Well here’s one for ya x
When and if you hire one, bring it to us and have your first weekend here x
No charge x
If you hire one locally (to us) it could also be delivered here so you can try it out on short drives rather than just setting off from home !
We are adults only so no under 18s though so it’ll have to be just you and the missus !
Seriously, I follow your posts with interest and think you’re a top dibber!
So, the first weekend is on us and we will be delighted to welcome you.
Let me know your dates - the summer is filling up fast !
Jan
welovemushu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Buxton Derbyshire x
Although it’s recently described in our house as ‘18 acres of flipping waste ground’
Not that we are fed up of lockdown at all ...
😁😁
You a caravanner or motor homer?
Campervan, fingers crossed we can start venturing abit further soon. Can you send me your details pls?
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Well here’s one for ya x
When and if you hire one, bring it to us and have your first weekend here x
No charge x
If you hire one locally (to us) it could also be delivered here so you can try it out on short drives rather than just setting off from home !
We are adults only so no under 18s though so it’ll have to be just you and the missus !
Seriously, I follow your posts with interest and think you’re a top dibber!
So, the first weekend is on us and we will be delighted to welcome you.
Let me know your dates - the summer is filling up fast !
Jan
Wow that is so kind .
We are pretty much booked up for this summer ( assuming things go ahead ) so unlikely to be able to take you up but I really appreciate the gesture 😍

The scary thing and I have only just realised this , but by summer there won’t be an under18 in our house 😪
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 10:23 PM.
buryboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
We had one for a few yrs but sold it in 2019 as we found we didnt use it enough due to the kids constant weekend activities etc. Went on one trip to Europe for 3 weeks - other than that just uk - Cornwall, London, Scotland and Wales.

Before we bought ours we rented one which was super useful as it gave us an idea of what we wanted layout wise. Practical motorhome magazine has buying guides based on layouts which was useful.

We bought ours in the summer when the dealer wanted to get rid of that years’ models to get space for next years (normally out in Sept).

We had an Adria Matrix which we loved. Big skylight window made it airy and bright. Two fixed singles in the back that extended to a big double. An electric double bed that you could lower down over the dining area. Large fridge with a small freezer on top. Large garage at the back.

It’s easy to park up at a site once you get a hang of it. Wheel levers are a must as you really need to get it straight. We would leave chairs at the pitch if we just drove off for a bit. A windbreaker is handy if you don’t have an awning.

If you cannot park it at home you need to store it somewhere else - we paid 500/year at a secure farm where it stood under roof. Also bought a cover so it didn’t get mucky from farm dust.

Bike rack is also good to have.

Biggest drawback was it was huge over 7m. After a close call in Lyme St Regis we bought a special satnav app for large vehicles. Also we found that parking in towns was an issue often.
Old 20 Feb 21, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
welovemushu
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Wow that is so kind .
We are pretty much booked up for this summer ( assuming things go ahead ) so unlikely to be able to take you up but I really appreciate the gesture 😍

The scary thing and I have only just realised this , but by summer there won’t be an under18 in our house 😪
Well the offer stands so if you can get a cheeky weekend let me know please
Jan😁
Old 21 Feb 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Just saw this. Looks really cool - if expensive.

dailymail/news/art...-ELEVATOR.html
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
LIZH
Imagineer

My daughters ex MIL, lost around £8k on the one they bought, hardly used it and never kept up with the servicing so it invalidated the warranty, she then had a problem and it wasn’t covered, she ended up selling it for less than she owed to the finance company and had to take a loan to pay it off.
LIZH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Channel 5 tonight 8pm you may get some inspiration 😂
captain-codeye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List